Any winners in the Huggins & Scott, Historic, AMI or Mears Auctions?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dewey2007
    • Dec 2007

Any winners in the Huggins & Scott, Historic, AMI or Mears Auctions?

With 4 auctions ending the same day, let's see what folks picked up.

I won a 1991 Harvey Salem Broncos jersey from Mears.
    sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com
  • B1SON
    • May 2007

Re: Any winners in the Huggins & Scott, Historic, AMI or Mears Auctions?

Originally posted by Dewey2007
    With 4 auctions ending the same day, let's see what folks picked up.

I won a 1991 Harvey Salem Broncos jersey from Mears.
    $67.10...can't beat that.
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    sigpic

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

Comment

• tom1315
      • Mar 2008

Anyone on the forum win the Maryland football helmets and jerseys? I bid on same yet decided not to go above $600 and they sold ultimately for $700.

My interest lies in the helmets. Thanks!

Tom

Comment

• allstarsplus
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by tom1315
        Anyone on the forum win the Maryland football helmets and jerseys? I bid on same yet decided not to go above $600 and they sold ultimately for $700.

Tom
        Tom - I am fairly certain all of those items came from the estate of Gary Hong who passed away last year and was a member of GUU.

His U of M collection was extensive as was his Washington Senators and Washington Nationals collections.

Hope someone enjoys those items because Gary had a lot of passion for his collecting. He was always at the University of Maryland sales of the used jerseys for baseball, football, and basketball and found a few great ones in there!
        Regards,
        Andrew Lang
        AllstarsPlus@aol.com
        202-716-8500

Comment

• allstarsplus
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by tom1315

Tom

http://www.hugginsandscott.com/cgi-b...l?itemid=12558 If this was the auction, then I am fairly certain they were Gary's.

Contact Bill Huggins and ask him if he has any more.
          Regards,
          Andrew Lang
          AllstarsPlus@aol.com
          202-716-8500

Comment

• TAFKADixie
            • Oct 2008

Man I hate when I foget about an auction ending!! $44 for a pair of Horace Grant game shoes at Mears! ARGHHHHHH!
            You can see my entire Clemson Tigers collection here with over 30 items.

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a83...eys/?start=all

SamFinley@charter.net

Comment

• hrvatwill
              • Jan 2008

I took a crack at and ending up being the high bidder on the Fernando Gonzalez 1973 Game Used Jersey in the AMI auction. It just so happens that I kept a scrapbook of every Pirates game that year which I compiled with my father and still have. In addition, we attended numerous games during which time he taught me how to keep score (still have the scorebooks too).

Although he had a very modest career with the Pirates, I distinctly remember Gonzalez playing that year and am thrilled to have one of his home jerseys with the #21 Roberto Clemente memorial patch still intact.

Just one of those things that evokes pleasant childhood memories of going to the game with my dad and rooting for our team. Probably one of the primary reasons that I along with many others on this forum gravitated to this hobby.

Comment

• cordovacollector
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by hrvatwill
                I took a crack at and ending up being the high bidder on the Fernando Gonzalez 1973 Game Used Jersey in the AMI auction. It just so happens that I kept a scrapbook of every Pirates game that year which I compiled with my father and still have. In addition, we attended numerous games during which time he taught me how to keep score (still have the scorebooks too).

Although he had a very modest career with the Pirates, I distinctly remember Gonzalez playing that year and am thrilled to have one of his home jerseys with the #21 Roberto Clemente memorial patch still intact.

Just one of those things that evokes pleasant childhood memories of going to the game with my dad and rooting for our team. Probably one of the primary reasons that I along with many others on this forum gravitated to this hobby.
                Great story!!! I think many of us with that deep passion for baseball all started because of similar stories.

Comment

• tom1315
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by allstarsplus
                  http://www.hugginsandscott.com/cgi-b...l?itemid=12558 If this was the auction, then I am fairly certain they were Gary's.

Contact Bill Huggins and ask him if he has any more.
                  Andrew thank you for this information and I will reach out to Bill. Thank you! Tom

Comment

• suicide_squeeze
                    • Dec 2008

I sweated it out through wee hours of the night, but BY GOD I won my item in AMI's auction....just couldn't live without this bad boy.....

My very own Fernando Gonzalez 1974 Blazer!! He wore this to bars or something during his days with the Royals.

I have always been a BIG fan of John Travolta, the disco days, and this nice jacket just seemed to really do it for me. It illicits nice thoughts of the days I used to travel with my parents up to San Francisco, and see all of those well groomed "men" marching down the streets in some kind of parade......

Not really.

Comment

• bigtruck260
                      • Sep 2007

I had a few wins -

A 1999 Chris Duncan bat - It's an LS, so it's easy to date...and 1999 was Duncan's first year in pro baseball at Johnson City. A cool pre-rookie bat for about $35.

A set of Darryl Kile memorial wristbands from the games follwing his death. They are black with 57 embroidered...and used by a coach. I have only seen one other set, and was happy to win them for another $35.

'Twas a good night for the ole Truck.
                      Dave
                      Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
                      River City Redbird Authentics
                      http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

Working...