PDA

View Full Version : Bonds HR 713 - Barry a Jerk?

sammy
05-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Barry, Barry, Barry.

You sure are a class act.

Must you always be a jerk?

http://articles.news.aol.com/sports/article.adp?id=20060508004209990005&ncid=NWS00010000000001 (http://articles.news.aol.com/sports/article.adp?id=20060508004209990005&ncid=NWS00010000000001)

suave1477
05-08-2006, 12:14 PM
WAIT A MINUTE!!!! Whos worse Bonds or the Guy who caught the ball?

Bonds wouldnt sign the ball for the fan, But yet the fan had to sign a waiver to be on Bonds Reality TV show.

I am sorry if it was me and you refused to sign the ball for me. My response to you asking me for my signature on your waiver would go to the tune of something like this "F$#Y%"

mr.miracle
05-08-2006, 12:27 PM
This is just another example of why outside of the San Fransisco Bay area, nobody likes this guy. I don't care if the guy is the star player on the Giants, with all the negative publicity this guy generates I don't know how Giant fans can defend him. I can understand that Barry wants his privacy and is not the biggest people person so to speak. However, the guy treats everyone like crap and acts like he is some kind of royalty. It just goes to show you that fame and fortune can ruin people. It appears that Barry feels entitled to everything. I think that was touched on in one of these books that came out. Barry does not have to love the media, the fans, whomever, but he could at least treat people with a bit of respect. And if his excuse is that people treat him like a jerk, that probably is because he has continually been a jerk to people over the years. This coupled with the myriad lies that he has probably told to get to where he is makes him completely unlikeable. The sad fact is that over the years I have heard interviews with reporters who at one time or another covered the Giants and to a person when asked who is the worst athlete to deal with they all respond Barry Bonds. I know that every reporter and beat writer in the world is probably not always the nicest person, but lets get real. If every person is saying the same thing then I believe that this is on Barry not the writers, fans, and everybody else who he treats like garbage.

both-teams-played-hard
05-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Remember when Bonds was chasing the single season home run record? Remember when he hit a HR, grabbed his batboy son- tilted his head to the side, layed his palms on his son's face and kissed him on the mouth like an audition for "Days of Our Lives"?
I try everyday to burn that image out of my mind. Barry has more issues than being hard-to-get-along-with.

sylbry
05-08-2006, 01:41 PM
What amazes me is the reprocussions of Bond's decision not to sign the ball. Because Barry didn't take 5 seconds to write his name on a baseball he is once again being villianized to some extent in all the major media outlets.

This guy wields so much power over the media and people's attention that all he needs to do is not do something simple and everyone is talking about him.

Can you imagine if someone caught him on video kicking a dog? As silly as it sounds you know it would be front page news.

yanks12025
05-08-2006, 01:44 PM
Hi
This dont go with this but If i ever catch bonds ball when he passes babe ruth the last thing i would do with it would be to give it to him. I would ask for millions or burn it. And i hope when he passes THE BABE that after time the truth about barry will come out.

allstarsplus
05-08-2006, 01:58 PM
WAIT A MINUTE!!!! Whos worse Bonds or the Guy who caught the ball?

Bonds wouldnt sign the ball for the fan, But yet the fan had to sign a waiver to be on Bonds Reality TV show.

I am sorry if it was me and you refused to sign the ball for me. My response to you asking me for my signature on your waiver would go to the tune of something like this "F$#Y%"

Airman 1st Class Carlos Oliveras caught Barry Bonds' 713th career home run ball Sunday. The San Francisco Giants outfielder refused to sign the ball for Oliveras.

SUAVE, I am with you on this one! Carlos Oliveras should have taken the waiver and told Barry that he has to check with his lawyers prior to signing!!!!

possum
05-08-2006, 02:22 PM
I've been trolling here for a while getting used to the crowd and I hope this doesn't offend. Ideally, the person who catches any of his home run balls would have a sharpie in their pocket. They would write "you are a cheater and a liar" on the ball and throw it back. Bonds is a disgrace to not only baseball but the American image in general.

Yankwood
05-08-2006, 02:31 PM
I've been trolling here for a while getting used to the crowd and I hope this doesn't offend. Ideally, the person who catches any of his home run balls would have a sharpie in their pocket. They would write "you are a cheater and a liar" on the ball and throw it back. Bonds is a disgrace to not only baseball but the American image in general.This shouldn't offend anyone. Bonds has been King of the A-Holes for years. The country is just finding out about it now. He's the poster boy for why most people despise professional atheletes.

thomecollector
05-08-2006, 05:08 PM
I would have told him to stick it, and walked away. The guy should now sell it. and give the money to charity. S@%&* Barry.

ryan4fregosi
05-08-2006, 07:52 PM
Dear Lord,
If Barry Bonds must hit an historic home run anywhere, make sure he hits it into the Wrigley Field bleachers. Not only will the fans toss it back, they'll toss an additional two dozen onto the field to keep it company.

(Hey Mets fans: when Bonds lands in Shea, could you please give 'im a Darryl-style serenade of "BAAAAAAAA-Reeeeeeee....BAAAAAAAA-Reeeeeee"? It would mean a lot. Thank you.)

stlbats
05-08-2006, 08:08 PM
its interesting that this ball is marked with an MLB hologram after MLB said they would not mark these balls. I understand the ball was probably marked after the HR was hit, but???

Once again, Barry please let the air out of your head. There will always be one ALL TIME MLB LIST he will be #1 on, The Biggest Jerk in MLB 20 consecutive yrs. now.

Jason

sportsgameused
05-08-2006, 08:08 PM
I would have told him to stick it, and walked away. The guy should now sell it. and give the money to charity. S@%&* Barry.

What if he needs the money? Barry should have signed that ball. The guy defended Barryon the readio today saying he did not ask him at the right time and was happy to sign the waiver to be on TV b/c it will be fun and b/c he thinks Barry is a good player and person:D. For real. He said that.

yanks12025
05-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Hi
Im a die -hard yankee fan and i live in NY and when bonds goes to Shea im willing to spend the money just to go to a game to yell at barry cheater bonds say all kind of things to him. Make posters. Everything

P.S:BONDS SUCKS
AND THIS FORUM SHOULD BE CHANGED TO EVERYONE THAT HATES BONDS.

allstarsplus
05-08-2006, 09:33 PM
its interesting that this ball is marked with an MLB hologram after MLB said they would not mark these balls. I understand the ball was probably marked after the HR was hit, but???

Once again, Barry please let the air out of your head. There will always be one ALL TIME MLB LIST he will be #1 on, The Biggest Jerk in MLB 20 consecutive yrs. now.

Jason

Jason - MLB changed their mind and are marking all the Bonds balls for the next couple of HRs. It looked like the ball was premarked with the #12. I am not sure when they applied the MLB hologram. Andrew

possum
05-09-2006, 07:24 PM
This shouldn't offend anyone. Bonds has been King of the A-Holes for years. The country is just finding out about it now. He's the poster boy for why most people despise professional atheletes.
I figured most people would agree with what I said but didn't want to make my first post with guns blazing. I'll be in San Fran Memorial Day weekend and am going to try and make the Sunday game. You can believe if I catch a ball from him its going straight back on the field. Which leads me to a question of sorts...we all know the tradition at Wrigley, but I was watching the Braves and Mets the other night when Wilson Betemit hit a HR at Shea. They threw it back and security kicked the guy out. Is this something that's only endorsed at Wrigley? At any rate, if it came down to it I'd gladly walk out with cops leading the way if it meant disrespecting Bonds. :)

Yankwood
05-09-2006, 09:37 PM
I would hope that the person who catches it, brings a sharpie with him and writes "drug aided homerun" on it and turn it over to the league. Now there, put that in the Hall of Fame.

psmachetti
05-13-2006, 10:58 AM
The fact that he talks about himself in the third person, that alone, should tell you what an asshole Bonds is!
Paul

mr.miracle
05-13-2006, 04:30 PM
The entire pursuit of Ruth has turned into a complete circus. Barry looks like a gimp trying to run around out there on the field. Anyone who saw last nights game has to agree that he looks terrible. Barry should either be on the disabled list or retire, he is simply hurting his team in the field on defense and in case anyone has missed it, aside from the fact that he still gets walked 1-2 times per game, he is batting .231 at the end of last nights game. He just looks horrible out there and it appears that the only reason he continues to push this is simply to pass Babe Ruth. At some point this circus needs to stop but it won't because the Giants won't pull the plug on this and neither will Barry. This just continues to prove how selfish he really is and whether or not he admits it, he is consumed with passing Ruth at all cost.

ham1963
05-14-2006, 08:23 AM
Plus as of Sun. is liftime batting avg. is now .292. Two questions (1) So I wonder who is going to put him on the ALL-Star team this year. (2) I wonder is there is a fine for the Dodger pitcher who gives up 714:p Also I think it would be funny if Bonds hits 714 with a pink bat

cohibasmoker
05-14-2006, 08:44 AM
Whether or not Barry Bonds took steroids is certainly a moot point. I believe Major League baseball doesn't really care about the Barry Bonds situation. Why? every where Barry Bonds goes, stadiums are sold out. Even the Phillies sold out their recent home stand with the Giants.

The best case scenario for MLB would be that Barry goes a few more weeks, gets hurt and stays are 713. MLB can hype the story up and when Barry comes back, more stadium sell outs.

Barry may not be good for baseball but he certainly is good for business.

ham1963
05-14-2006, 01:21 PM
From what I heard on Fox Sports Net is that Bond's home park is not selling out on this home stand. Maybe against the Dodgers, but they did not get a sell out against the Cubs.