PDA

View Full Version : Andre Dawson Expos Jersey on eBay...Gamer??

beantown
05-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Thoughts on this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110396396430&sspagename=ADME%3AX%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1123&viewitem=&salenotsupported

ironmanfan
05-29-2009, 07:03 PM
appears to be a Salesman Sample of some sort

beantown
05-29-2009, 07:06 PM
I thought this era style jersey should have the name on back and a year tag....also, the Wilson tag is the silk screened version...were those used on game used jerseys or just retail jerseys?

TNTtoys
05-29-2009, 09:36 PM
Letters and numbers are all wrong font and back name is missing.

Possible minor league jersey? The Expos had minor league affiliates also called Expos.

sox83cubs84
05-30-2009, 01:41 AM
Wilson never made home Expos jerseys...only pre-1980 road blues (and a couple of sets tagged 1980 that were not worn on the MLB level but, with NOBs plated over, saw action in the minors). Home whites were Rawlings from 1969-91.

Dave M.
Chicago area

designedexclusively
05-30-2009, 04:13 PM
Does anyone else find it odd that Dawson wore a 44-46 during this era, and this shirt is tagged a 40?

I've never encountered an expos shirt from this or any era for that matter with any wilson tagging.

Is it possible that Wilson made authentics for stadium sale only?

Wouldn't a Wilson sample have the adorned white tag below the Wilson company tag explaining the cut and color for the specified jersey style?

DX.

sox83cubs84
05-30-2009, 07:26 PM
Does anyone else find it odd that Dawson wore a 44-46 during this era, and this shirt is tagged a 40?

I've never encountered an expos shirt from this or any era for that matter with any wilson tagging.

Is it possible that Wilson made authentics for stadium sale only?

Wouldn't a Wilson sample have the adorned white tag below the Wilson company tag explaining the cut and color for the specified jersey style?

DX.

I have seen over a dozen Wilson gamers of the Expos, all road, in the last year or so, and, earlier on, saw the 1980 Wilson roads that were sent to the minors without MLB use. The NOB and sometimes, the front logo were plated over at the minor league level, so those 2 elements would exhibit less wear than the numbers, which were never covered.

One of the early MEARS auctions had a Craig Caskey jersey that showed noticeable wear, based on Caskey wearing it in spring training, as well as later use in the minors. It was a Wilson.

As far as the sizing, you are correct...I've never seen a legit Dawson that was a size 40, from any of his 4 teams.

Dave M.
Chicago area