PDA

View Full Version : BMH - Question about a Minor League Bat Order???

skinsfan0521
05-30-2009, 07:51 AM
Hi,

I'm not into baseball stuff really, but I see that people are always asking you about bat shipping records for LVS. I'm not sure what all I need to know to ask you, but all I have is a picture of a bat barrel.

The seller says that he got it 9/3/05. The player was playing for the Altoona Curve (AA Pirates) at the time.

Thanks a lot and I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know if this is a legit bat that he was using during this time period!!

-Brian

sox83cubs84
05-30-2009, 02:09 PM
I can't vouch for LS order info like BMH can, but I CAN tell you that the story with the bat makes sense. Rich Thompson (this one, there have been 3 to play in the Majors in the last 25 years) is an outfielder whose MLB career consists of 6 games with the 2004 Royals. He went to the Pirates organization before the 2005 season, and spent his 2005 season with both Altoona (then the Pirates' AA club) and Indianapolis (Bucs AAA affiliate). He is still active in the minors in 2009, playing for the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs (Phillies AAA team).

I hope this helps.:)

Dave M.
Chicago area

skinsfan0521
05-30-2009, 03:57 PM
sox83cubs84 - Thanks a lot for the information. I also thought the story made sense and I've contacted the seller and asked several questions about it, I just wanted to have a verification that this is actually one of his gu bats. I don't see why a seller would fake a gu bat of a basic nobody, but who knows.

The only reason that I'm even interested in it is that he went to my high school and I try my best to pick up stuff from people who play professional sports who went to my high school (since there are only 2 that I know of lol). I was pretty much aware of all the stats that you had given in your reply, but I do appreciate it that you also agree that the story seems pretty legit. I also have some certified Autos of Rich & the auto on the bat looks the same as the one on the cards that I have except for the #10 that he put on the bat. I'm sure that it's because on the cards that I have he's not #10 and doesn't inscribe his number anywher in his signature.

Thanks agian, I really do appreciate it!!

-Brian

skinsfan0521
06-05-2009, 09:07 PM
bump....

BMH
06-06-2009, 03:29 PM
He did have two orders for the B267 in 2005. I can't tell you if he actually used them, but I can say all twelve were made for him.

skinsfan0521
06-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Thank you very much, I really appreciate the help!

-Brian