PDA

View Full Version : Rafael Palmeiro game used

mr.miracle
05-08-2006, 07:05 PM
What kind of market exists right now for Rafael Palmeiro game used bats, gloves etc. I know Raf took a really hard hit after the steroid stuff came out and since he never has provided the "explanation of the positive test" that he said he was going to he comes across in ever worse shape. Is $1000.00 a lot to pay for a game used Palmeiro glove from the 2002 season showing good game use and autographed by Palmeiro reading 2002 game used 3 time gold glove. Does anyone have a general opinion on this and or Palmeiro in general? Do you think that eventually his memorabilia will come back to fair market value whatever that might be and is it dependant on HOF induction at some point? Any feedback would be most helpful.

Thanks
Brett

sportscentury
05-09-2006, 03:30 PM
Brett,

From what I've seen, it is still a buyer's market. Palmeiro items continue to go for rock bottom prices. I doubt his items will ever sell for what they did a year or two ago, but they are likely to increase (somewhat) from the current market at some point in the future. $1000 for a Palmeiro glove may be high right now. Good luck,

Reid

byergo
05-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Raffy sucks and will never recover. He will have the ignominious status as the only member of the 3,000 hits/500 hr club to NOT make the HOF due to lying to congress and the public, and foolishly abusing roids even after the testing period stops. Basically he is criminally dumb!