PDA

View Full Version : pujols bat

earlywynnfan
05-08-2006, 07:41 PM
did anyone see this??? I can't believe the price for this bat!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8799475775&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Ken

sportsgameused
05-08-2006, 07:50 PM
I was the runner up bidder at $700 in a Vintage Authentics auction for this exact bat. It sold for 750 I think including buyers premium. Nice flig there! The auto looks to be legit and Pujols must mave used it during BP if he signed it. It is a nice bat.

suave1477
05-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Price seems reasonable maybe a bit high but not crazy.

worldchamps
05-09-2006, 08:48 AM
I think the reason the price is a little low, is that there was an article in SCD where Pujols's people emphatically said he has never used a bat with the Domincan Flag on it. Does anyone else remember this?? It looks like in that picture he is using the same bat, but you can't tell for certain.

One of the bat boys told me when Pujols was here in town, Pujols never once used a bat with his name on it the entire home stand??? Mike Matheny and one of the other guys used bats with Pujols name on it though. I saw with my own eyes Pujols give a kid in the stands his batting practice bat and gloves, and it was a Moises Alou (sp) bat. What is really crazy is the game was St Louis vs Rangers, Alou didn't play for either team.

I think players using other players bat is more common than we all think.

It makes sense as far as a players stand point. Player X is friends with Albert and says I want to try one of your bats out, trades with him. Albert in batting practice tries out Player X's bat, realizes his is more superior and gives out to a fan.......from a collector's stand point, this is criminal. ha ha

earlywynnfan
05-09-2006, 10:23 AM
I guess I need to clarify my amazement: I think this price is way too high!! Between the low grade and the (almost) common knowledge that he never uses these bats, I couldn't believe someone paid this much.

Ken

BAT-DNA
05-09-2006, 09:51 PM
Ken, I totally agree with you, I kept a close eye on this auction myself because, I actually own a couple of these Pujols x-bats. One of them is with the flag and it has an ASI COA and hologram, but no signature, the other has no flag, or signature. I thought that I read a post at one time where you also said you owned a Pujols X-bat, I think an all-star bat, with a flag on it. I cannot believe that this bat went for so much money, it went for more then other Pujols bats that I thought were more authentic. I do not know if it is just because of the autograph? I know Jeff from bird bats keeps count of bats he uses, I often wonder if there is a possiblity of him using an X-bat with a flag on it as a rookie, when he was unknown, and no one payed attention to what he was using, or in BP or Spring training. My guess is that most people are un-educated on the X-bat flag issue, and just bid high on anything Pujols especially with a LOA or COA no matter what grade it receives.

stlbats
05-10-2006, 07:29 PM
I dont know why anyone would spend any considerable money on any players X-Bat. Flag or no flag, it has been proven that anyone can to to X-bats website and order a bat with any MLB players name on it, and you can select the flag you want. no way to prove any player used the bat without EXACT photo match or unless the player hands it to you.

Jason
ripken8@bellsouth.net