PDA

View Full Version : Mark Teixeira Atlanta Braves bat question...

Haylo
06-01-2009, 08:43 AM
Hello,
Does anyone know if Tex has used a Braves Louisville Slugger bat that has no model number on the barrel? I have a Louisvile Slugger Tex bat that has only the "Genuine" above "Mark Teixeira" on the barrel, under Tex's name is Atlanta Braves. The bat has TPS logo and MLB logo on back of Barrel, along with Powerized by LS logo. The bat has no line under the 125 either...looking for help...

Thx

seasonwithangels@aol.com

Nnunnari
06-01-2009, 04:21 PM
I believe the louisvilles with only "genuine" on the barrel are promotional bats.

Nick

Haylo
06-02-2009, 12:01 AM
Does anyone else think that only having "Geniune" (with no bat model number on the barrel) is considered a promo bat? I thought they used lines under the 125 in the Louisville Slugger center label? Is there proof? Of Tex using one or a bat like this being used as a promo item?

Any help would be say Helpful..

seasonwithangels@aol.com

jetersbatboy
06-02-2009, 01:40 AM
I have the same thought as Nick, promo!

5kRunner
06-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Unless there is something I'm not thinking of, any pro model LVS bat made since 1976 should have the model number after genuine on the barrel.

Birdbats has a great site for info.
http://webpages.charter.net/birdbats/Birdbats/Bat%20ID/LS.htm

Haylo
06-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the help, I thought the same thing when I saw the bat. The bat has all the makings of a gamer, it has #24 with a #25 over it (Braves to Angels). The bat also has a #24 on top of barrel, I'm going to hold out complete judgement hoping a picture shows up with him using that style or atleast a picture of the bat as a promo bat.

Thx

Haylo
06-02-2009, 11:56 PM
Just a thought, can someone check to see what bat records Tex has from 2008? See if there is anything saying promo or no model number bats?

Thx