PDA

View Full Version : Manny and Bats and Red Sox's

encinorick
06-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Did Manny swing a 32 oz. bat in or about 2006 with the Sox's?

encinorick
06-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Ok, since I got such a splendied response to my first question, let me ask another. With regard to X-bats with Dom. flags, in particular, a Manny bat with such characteristics, would there be a small silver "32" (less than a quarter of inch) on the head of the barrel to indicate that the bat was 32 oz? Anyone?

gameused
06-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Rick,

I have some 2006 Manny Sam bats, I'll check the weight that's written. Manny normally swings a 34 inch, 32 oz. bat

On the X-bat question, yes, I have seen a small 32 written on the top of his X-bats.

Bobby

encinorick
06-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Thanks, it's deeply appreciated.

Funny if I'd mentioned something about Lou Lampson, there would have been about 100 comments about this. Then some wise-a** would have said something about the Yankees or the Mets, and then someone would have said something about his or her mama, then there would be allegations of slander and that some mystery person in a ski mask was knocking on his or her door late at night threatening his or pussy cat, or some such thing.

Kinda nice just to talk about game used baseball, thanks.

gameused
06-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Rick,

Checked the Sam bats, 31.5 and 32 oz. is the weight that's written on the cupped barrel.

Bobby

encinorick
06-03-2009, 08:55 AM
Thanks, Bobby, again. As best as I can tell, Manny's many different bats weigh between 31.4 to 34.25 (or so), perhaps depending on how "juiced" he was at the time. It makes sense to put the weight (or length) on the bat, so you know.

My kid is in little league and they all use metal bats that display the numbers on the side. The kids are always looking at the numbers and exchanging bats.

Told my kid that he had to lay-off the steriods, but, he could still drink and smoke cig's just like Mickey. ;) Thanks.

rjdgonebats
06-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Yes just checked my Manny Xbat with The Flag and there is a small 32 on the barrel end. Hope this helps