PDA

View Full Version : OT: What city has the worst MLB blackout rules??

redoctober
06-01-2009, 11:13 PM
I know this is off topic, but very frustrating none the less...

I live in Las Vegas -- can anyone top this many teams for blackouts????

AZ, SD, SF, OAK. LAD & LAA on locals only -- blacked out through MLB package. I live at least 4 hours from ANY of these stadiums, yet I am blacked out of home AND away games for all SIX teams. What a joke!!

What is the point of the blackouts for me???? The stadiums are the following drive times away from my house...

LAA - 4 hrs
LAD - 4.25 hrs
AZ - 4.5 hrs
SD - 5 hrs
SF - 10.5 hrs
OAK - 10.5 hrs

Yes, the SF bay is literally more than a 10 hour drive from my house, yet I am blacked out of their home AND away games. Give me a break... this is like someone in Cleveland being blacked out from an ATL game...come on.

Any other markets have 6 or more teams blacked out???? I have written "Mr" Selig a letter... I am sure that it will be helpful, especially since I happen to live in NV.

cjw
06-01-2009, 11:36 PM
That is rough!

I follow the Jays and live in Vancouver (miles from Toronto), yet I am blacked out, 'cause the TV channel that broadcasts the games and happens to be part of the conglomerate that owes the team, shows the games in my, west coast city. Fair enough, but most games start at 7 or 1 eastern and that is 4 pm or 10am pacific - and that conflricts with my 9-5. So, I can watch the second half of the game on TV sometimes, but can't watch it all on MLBtv.

cjw
06-01-2009, 11:38 PM
That is rough!

I follow the Jays and live in Vancouver (miles from Toronto), yet I am blacked out, 'cause the TV channel that broadcasts the games and happens to be part of the conglomerate that owes the team, shows the games in my, west coast city. Fair enough, but most games start at 7 or 1 eastern and that is 4 pm or 10am pacific - and that conflricts with my 9-5. So, I can watch the second half of the game on TV sometimes, but can't watch it all on MLBtv.
Meant to type - that Toronto to Vancouver is 2000 miles apart. Shouldn't be blacked out!

MikeM
06-02-2009, 06:58 PM
I live in Oakland and currently get to see virtually every game they've played this season....trust me, As an A's fan blacking out OAK games to other parts of the country is probably a good thing. :D