PDA

View Full Version : Lelands Phillies Game Used Lidge items

skyliner59
06-04-2009, 08:33 PM
As a well known collector of Phillies game used items I have accumulated hundreds of jerseys including a few from 2008. I purchase most of my modern Phillies items directly from the teams, MLB and MILB. In 2008, the Phillies not only won the WS but they was also, for the first time in many years dated their game worn/issued jerseys. Doing so by placing an "08" cloth tag in the lower inside hem of the buttons. All the jerseys had this.

Going foward, yesterday I called a Lelands employee after two emails went unanswered in regards to the 2008 Lidge game worn jersey. I inquired into the 08 date tag which she answered there was no such tag. I then educated her as to how the Phillies dated all of their jerseys in 2008. Her response, "I will have someone look into it." As of tonight the jersey is still for sale. I have never had any problems with Lelands before and am quite amazed by their response and lack of response (emails). Has anyone else had any such problems with this auction house?

Verdict, Even though all of Lelands Lidge "game used items" come with Coa's signed by Lidge, I would be very skeptical. Just a heads up to the collecting community.

Bob P.

skyliner59
06-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Oops, wrong forum. Will post under auction items.