PDA

View Full Version : TBTC missing the grade

RJB44
06-05-2009, 08:09 PM
I have always thought that most of the TBTC uniforms made for teams for game use in the late 1990's and through the last few years have greatly missed the mark in replicating original design. The most obvious pain to me is the jerseys that have sleeves that go three quarters the way down the arm. However, much has been said on poor representation of the jerseys, so I thought I would comment on the game pants.

I recently picked up a pair of the 2002 Oakland A's TBTC game used pants, which were supposed to be modeled after the pants from the championship years of the early 1970s. I own a pair of 1975 actual game pants and thought it would be interesting to do a side by side comparison. How awful is the design of these Rawling's TBTCs? Probably one of the poorest representations of an actual period uniform. And although I don't own one, I do feel that the accompanying jerseys for these TBTCs were just as pitiful.

sox83cubs84
06-05-2009, 09:34 PM
For me, the biggest irritation with TBTC uniforms is the repetition of certain styles by the same team (though your complaint is a valid one, as well). After all, how many times will the Tigers trot out the same pinstriped Detroit Stars Negro League design?

Dave M.
Chicago area

TNTtoys
06-05-2009, 10:25 PM
I have to agree with all in this thread... I am all for accuracy in the jerseys of today that depict those of yesterday... two examples in particular that drive me crazy...

1. Astros Rainbow home jersey with back numbers placed half above the rainbow stripes and half on the stripes, where the number was completely on the stripes in the originals.

2. 1978-1982 Giants jerseys with the wrong logo. This logo was so mass-produced on recent authentic replicas by multiple companies that they are now recognized as the norm.