PDA

View Full Version : Need expert help -Drexler game used shorts

drexler22
06-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Hey guys, just wondering if this is game used or not - doesn't carry a auction house COA.

1989 CLYDE DREXLER GAME USED BASKETBALL SHORTS

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/jayzhou32/drexler1.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/jayzhou32/BSQOJ8wB2kKGrHgoH-D0EjlLlt1SHBKCPD0.jpg
A TERRIFIC LOOKING PAIR OF ROAD BLACK TRUNKS FROM 1989.. #22 WRITTEN IN WAIST.MCGREGOR-SANDKNIT SIZE 36 WITH PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS EXCLUSIVE TAGS SEWN IN WAIST NEXT TO THE 89 YEAR TAG

Any help would be nice.Thanks

sox83cubs84
06-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Good possibility, as most NBA teams ID the player's shorts by hand-inscribing the number on a tag. Tags and manufacturer are right. Maybe Howard Wolf can offer additional thoughts, as he's owned a few Glide game items over the years.

Dave M.
Chicago area

hblakewolf
06-08-2009, 07:23 AM
Game worn Blazers shorts from this era should have the players last name embroidered on a piece of satin type material, then sewn into the waist.

This practice was discontinued once the team went to the long, baggy style shorts in later years, as the uniform number was simply written on the tags.

I purchased hundreds of game worn jerseys and shorts directly from my Blazer contact during the years 1979-1992. I had many "extra" pairs that were sold with no player identification. In later years, I've seen a few pairs which I would speculate have now had numbers written in/on the tags.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

drexler22
06-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Game worn Blazers shorts from this era should have the players last name embroidered on a piece of satin type material, then sewn into the waist.

This practice was discontinued once the team went to the long, baggy style shorts in later years, as the uniform number was simply written on the tags.

I purchased hundreds of game worn jerseys and shorts directly from my Blazer contact during the years 1979-1992. I had many "extra" pairs that were sold with no player identification. In later years, I've seen a few pairs which I would speculate have now had numbers written in/on the tags.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

So does this mean it's real or fake the short's in question in my thread?

Thanks

hblakewolf
06-08-2009, 06:16 PM
So does this mean it's real or fake the short's in question in my thread?

Thanks

During this time frame, and based on the many pairs of game worn road shorts obtained after the 1989 season, this is the first pair of a starting players shorts that's void of the customary embroidered name swatch.

Based on the lack of history or any associated details of these shorts, and the fact that I sold pairs of unworn/unidentified shorts, I'm extremely uncomfortable with the hand written 22 on the tag.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net