PDA

View Full Version : Gwynn jersey Grey Flannel

earlywynnfan
05-09-2006, 09:10 PM
OK, jersey people, Grey Flannel has a Tony Gwynn GU jersey, lot 483, and nobody seems to be bidding on it. Is there something wrong with it? Could anyone please educate me on what to look for here?

Thanks, Ken

R. C. Walker
05-09-2006, 10:21 PM
A longtime Tony Gwynn collector friend of mine states size 52’s are suspect. Most, if not all, of this era shits should have a COA from Alicia Gwynn.

I personally have not seen a “52” w/ a COA. If anyone has seen one please post.

hblakewolf
05-10-2006, 06:33 AM
R.C.-
I have sold 6 1997-1999 Gywnn game jerseys, and all have been size 52. I currently have a home and road from 1997 with the Jackie patch, and they are both size 52. Both show outstanding use, and are PERFECT in every detail (i.e., tagging, wear, etc.). What's interesting is that I also have his pre-game from 1997, and it is size 50. All 3 pieces were obtained from a Padres contact alsong with a dozen common jerseys and pre-games.

Although your Gwynn friend may believe that size 52 jerseys are suspect, I can tell you I have full confidence he wore such a size.

As for the Alicia Gwynn letters, it was common for her to provide them, it only applies to those shirts she/Tony sold. In the case of shirts that did not come through the Gwynn's, no letter would be included. The Padres provided many auctions/charities with Gywnnn jerseys that did not have her LOA. Again, a Gwynn LOA is great to have, but should not deter someone from buying one of his shirts if it is void of this. KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BUYING and depend on your own homework, not a LOA.

My home and road 1997 Gwynn jerseys are $1,295. each. The pre-game is $795.

I also have quite a few 2003 and 2004 Padres jerseys available.

For a complete listing, please email me at hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Thanks.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net