PDA

View Full Version : Alameda Sports Project in the News...

Dewey2007
06-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Last Friday, I sent out a press release to all the local Bay Area newspapers regarding the 1st Annual Alameda Sports Exhibit that I'm helping to coordinate. Carl Steward, a sports columnist for the Oakland Tribune, contacted me this morning and wrote an article today on the sports project and exhibit. Here is a link to the story:

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_12548939

He also informed me that Comcast Sports Net Bay Area picked up on the story and wants to do a TV spot with us regarding the project and exhibit for their local sports show.

So far the exhibit and project have been well received by those that I have been in contact with but this is more then I expected for this small town sports exhibit. I'll keep everyone updated on how things go with my possible TV appearance and the exhibit.

Dewey

both-teams-played-hard
06-09-2009, 12:23 AM
That's a cool write-up. Maybe the exposure will reach some former pros from your area, and they will loan stuff for your exhibit.
:)

Dewey2007
06-10-2009, 01:08 PM
That's a cool write-up. Maybe the exposure will reach some former pros from your area, and they will loan stuff for your exhibit.
:)

Thanks Warren! At this point I just hope the story helps to get people interested and out to see the exhibit.

We are hoping to get a few photos and/or items on loan from the Rollins and Willis families but haven't confirmed anything yet so we'll see.

mariner_gamers
06-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Wow!! Great news man!! Glad to see someone doing something worth while and getting some press! Keep us updated!

Davis

Dewey2007
07-02-2009, 07:51 PM
For you Bay Area forum members and anyone that has a satellite dish checkout Comcast SportsNet Bay Area's "SportsNet Central" Show tonight at 10:30pm PST. They did a short interview with us today for the show about the 1st Annual Alameda Sports Exhibit that I'm helping to coordinate.

I'm the guy in the black polo shirt that probably looks like a deer in the headlights. First time I've been interviewed for TV so I was a little nervous to say the least. I hope that it's not true that tv cameras add 10 lbs :)

I'll post a link of the interview after it's up on-line.

Dewey

Dewey2007
07-05-2009, 02:14 PM
For anyone interested here goes a link to the story that was on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area this past Thursday about the Alameda Sports Exhibit.

http://bayarea.comcastsportsnet.com/pages/landing?blockID=62134