Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nomarmauerfan
    • Apr 2007

Morneau Black LVS on ebay

As the owner of a bunch of Morneau bats (trying to acquire 1 from every year as a pro), I question this bat auction.

In the past, Brian has posted that Morneau only ordered C243 and W248 LVS models. So, I think its safe to assume that this is bogus. However, I'm just not sure. Anyone want to chime in (BMH?). Thanks everyone.

Mike
  • brianborsch
    • Dec 2005

Re: Morneau Black LVS on ebay

I know players stick to certain models, but this looks to be like Morneau's personal model (I have enevr seen a M299 period). Just like the M356 being Edgar Martinez's personal model.

BMH, is my guess right?

Comment

• nomarmauerfan
      • Apr 2007

Brian,
      Thanks for the response. He uses unfinished P320M models with a cupped end now (when he isn't using his model BWP). I haven't seen him swing a black bat since his days in New Britain (AA). I look forward to more responses. Thanks.

Mike

Comment

• 5kRunner
        • Aug 2007

The seller also has a Derrek Lee M9. I've never seen Derrek swing anything other than a Old Hickory during his time with the Cubs. I asked about a number on the knob, how the bat was acquried, and approx what year (so I could search for a pic). The response I got was:

"Hello, there is nothing on the knob. I sell these bats for another person, and the only information I have is what he provides to me for the description. I cut and paste into the listing. I'm sorry I cannot provide any further information than that."

So I wouldn't expect the seller to help with any questions.

Not sure any of that helped.

PS, I not touching the Lee bat.
        SCOTT
        scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...