PDA

View Full Version : 77 pirates jersey

momen55
06-13-2009, 10:36 AM
what are the telltale characteristics to an authentic gamer? should it have a year swatch attached somewhere? player's name chain stitched in neck or tail?

sox83cubs84
06-13-2009, 02:48 PM
what are the telltale characteristics to an authentic gamer? should it have a year swatch attached somewhere? player's name chain stitched in neck or tail?

Depends on which style...the white pinstriped unies and the solid black ones were made by Descente (of Japan). Common tagging includes the company logo and a strip tag with uniform number, year, and size (not sure if that's the exact order). Some may also feature a Rawlings style flag tag with set and year info (though a different font on the tag than what Rawlings uses). The yellow jerseys were made by Rawlings, and are the basic Rawlings tag structure...red Rawlings label with set/year flag tag on the right of the Rawlings label. I can't recall of the top of my head if Rawlins tagged inside or outside on the tail.

Hope this helps.

Dave M.
Chicago area

hrvatwill
06-13-2009, 06:14 PM
I have never seen a Pirates gamer from that era with a chain stitched players name. The closest thing I ever saw in that direction was a players initials on the swatch instead of his number. It was a 1978 Jim Bibby "bumble bee" jersey and had "JB - 48- 78 " instead of "26 -48 - 78".

momen55
06-13-2009, 07:13 PM
i have my eye on a yellow one, but it only has the rawlings tag. perhaps it is a minor league jersey?

sox83cubs84
06-13-2009, 08:00 PM
i have my eye on a yellow one, but it only has the rawlings tag. perhaps it is a minor league jersey?

Hard to say without seeing pics, as the 1977 Pirates styles were all NNOB. Flag tags were the norm, but, as is the case with a handful of Cardinals and Reds Rawlings gamers, a tagless jersey is a possibility.

Dave M.
Chicago area