Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattmueller
    • Dec 2007

1999 All Star Game Assistance

Does anybody have video of the 1999 MLB (Fenway) All Star game? If so, please shoot me an email.

Thank you,
    Matt
    email is matmuell at umich.edu
  • skyking26
    • Dec 2005

Re: 1999 All Star Game Assistance

Saw your post, are you referencing the patch being on wrong arm of a certain jersey??
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• mattmueller
      • Dec 2007

Yes.

Comment

• Rob L
        • Nov 2005

I have a DVD of the game. Who are you looking for?
        Rob L
        loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• 10thMan
          • Dec 2006

Rob, I`m looking for V. Guerrero at Bats from the same game. Can you help me out? Shoot me an e-mail if you can please. Thanks,
          Sean tempbreak@hotmail.com

Comment

• skyking26
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Rob L
            I have a DVD of the game. Who are you looking for?
            Rob:

All are referring to the jersey McGwire wore in the 99 AS Game...and whether or not it is the same one as in the Hunt Auction currently. There is a question about the sleeve patch and what sleeve it is on...

RK
            ROBERT KOPPEL
            Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
            and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• mattmueller
              • Dec 2007

Rob:

Yes, as skyking referenced and noted in the thread in the Auction Items discussion, Hunt is offering a 1999 McGwire all star jersey. The offered jersey has the All Star game patch on the jersey's left sleeve. However, there are several photos of McGwire in pre-game activites showing a patch on his right sleeve (or not on the left). There is also a photo of McGwire in workout / HR Derby days (so not game day) wearing a jersey that does not have the patch on the right sleeve.

The request for the video would be to double check that McGwire didn't change jerseys during the game from the jersey shown in pre-game phtos (with the patch on the right sleeve), to one that has a patch on the left sleeve, and therefore would match what is offered in the Hunt Auction.

Comment

• Rob L
                • Nov 2005

Here are some screen shots (sorry for the crappy quality) from the Pregame, Introductions, 2nd Inning AB and 4th Inning AB. He only had two ABs during the game. The patch is never on the left sleeve.
                Attached Files
                Rob L
                loefflerrd@cox.net

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• mattmueller
                  • Dec 2007

Rob:

No apologies for the quality, that is exteremly helpful. Thank you very much.

Matt

Comment

• Rob L
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by mattmueller
                    Does anybody have video of the 1999 MLB (Fenway) All Star game? If so, please shoot me an email.

Thank you,
                    Matt
                    Glad to help. While fast forwarding thru the game to find a Vlad at bat for Sean, I found that McGwire did bat in the 5th also. Here's a photo of him on-deck before the AB.
                    Attached Files
                    Rob L
                    loefflerrd@cox.net

Comment

Working...