Did anyone win anything from the Steiner Auction?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hockeytigers
    • Feb 2009

Did anyone win anything from the Steiner Auction?

Did anyone win anything from the Steiner auction? It looked like things were going for very cheap prices. I picked up a couple of Cowboys jerseys...i'll post pictures when they arrive.
  • suave1477
    Banned
    • Jan 2006

Re: Did anyone win anything from the Steiner Auction?

Hockeytigers which auction? They auction stuff off everyday almost.

Comment

• BULBUS
      • Nov 2005

Suave, hockey is talking about the cowboys-steiner auctions. I picked up a few. I got 4 game issued jerseys (brad johnson and flozell adams) for between 71 and 100 bucks, and 2 game used jerseys for 150 each. They all came with "game used" stadium turf placks too.

Not a cowboy fan, but unfortunately, my father, brother, and brother-in-law are. they will make nice gifts.

-Chris
      Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
      sigpic
      donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• newyork2

Originally posted by hockeytigers
        Did anyone win anything from the Steiner auction? It looked like things were going for very cheap prices. I picked up a couple of Cowboys jerseys...i'll post pictures when they arrive.
        Steiner Auctions are decent but I wouldnt say prices are great, I know of wholesalers who sell for less.

Comment

• hockeytigers
          • Feb 2009

I bid and won 2 game issued jerseys for under $100...I think that is a pretty good deal. Does anyone know if Dallas has any markings on their game worn jersey's? I'm just wondering how you can tell if a Dallas jersey is game worn or game issued.

Comment

• short84
            • Dec 2008

Yes, I did. You used to be able to check the prova chip number on a jersey (and other items) to see if it was issued or game used (and which games it was used in). As I understand it, the website is no longer being maintained, so chip numbers can not be verified. The Steiner COA you will receive will tell you if the jersey is game used or issued. Steiner is still listing some good deals - today there were some 2 for 1 jerseys listed with reasonable starting bids. It is nice to see them listing items available through their auctions with reasonable starting bids. I was amazed at the inventory they had before they started have sales and listing them through their auctions. At least when you puchase an item from them, it is authentic. Congratulations on some good purchases! SusieQ

Comment

• hockeytigers
              • Feb 2009

Do they add markings to the jerseys? The Giants add a "W" to the tag if it was game worn...just curious....Thanks!

Comment

• skinsfan0521
                • Apr 2009

Do they add markings to the jerseys? The Giants add a "W" to the tag if it was game worn...just curious....Thanks!
                The NY Giants? If that's who you're talking about then maybe you have newer jerseys than I do. I have a 04 & 05 that came right from the Giants and they don't have any of those markings on the tags. Just curious.

-Brian

Comment

• hockeytigers
                  • Feb 2009

I was told that the equipment mgr writes a W on the jerseys that have been worn in a game...anyone else know if this is true?
                  Attached Files

Comment

• hockeytigers
                    • Feb 2009

This is a 2004 Giants jersey

Comment

• short84
                      • Dec 2008

I am not aware of the Cowboys using any marks to identify game used. I have several and none of them are marked in any way. My game used look and smell game used -- they have dirt, turf burns, holes, field paint and body odors that issued jerseys do not have.

My issued jerseys are bright and clean with no odors. It was nice when you could look up the Prova chip number to verify game issued vs game used. There is a seller on EBAY that has been mentioned on this forum that lists all his Cowboys jerseys as game used/worn and most are issued. He is a frequent buyer from Steiner and resells on EBAY with very inflated prices. Susie Q

Comment

• hockeytigers
                        • Feb 2009

Yes, I am aware of that guy. There was a jersey that I really wanted but I had to get on an airplane and when I landed, I had lost it. The jersey is forsale on Ebay for almost 3 times what he won it for. He has those jerseys for sale and they haven't even shipped yet...

Comment

• skinsfan0521
                          • Apr 2009

I was told that the equipment mgr writes a W on the jerseys that have been worn in a game...anyone else know if this is true?
                          Hmm... that is interesting. Like I said, I've got a 2004 & 2005 gu Giants jersey and neither of them have anything written on the tag or anywhere. The 2005 I've photomatched, so I know for sure that is game worn, but the 2004 I have yet to be able to find a match for. There are team repairs, TONS of pulled threads, some un-repaired holes, etc so I'm fairly confident that it is also game worn. Plus, both of them came directly from the Giants w/Giants LOA.

I wonder if that's something that they do every now and then, but not all the time?? I don't see why they would do that, but it's obvious that they don't do it to every jersey.

Anybody else have an opinion on this? I know it's OT from the original thread so if somebody thinks we should start a new thread, we can do that.

-Brian

Comment

• skinsfan0521
                            • Apr 2009

btw... member: cns1 has quite a few gu Giants jerseys I know. Maybe if you contacted him he'd have some more information.

-Brian

Comment

• BULBUS
                              • Nov 2005

I have a few recent game used Giants jerseys, purchased from the Giants, and I don't think any have a "W" on them.

-Chris
                              Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
                              sigpic
                              donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

Working...