PDA

View Full Version : Griffey Game Used Jersey Help

ikovalchuk17
06-15-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm possibly interested in buy a Ken Griffey Jr game used jersey. Team does not really matter much to me as long as I can be assured it's real. Any ideas on what the cost would be? I know it would vary depending on team and year. Where is the best place to find one for sale?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jon

joelsabi
06-15-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm possibly interested in buy a Ken Griffey Jr game used jersey. Team does not really matter much to me as long as I can be assured it's real. Any ideas on what the cost would be? I know it would vary depending on team and year. Where is the best place to find one for sale?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jon

not sure on the cost but should have papers from Unique Sports, Mill creek or coast to coast. check their websites. good luck.

justinwc80
06-15-2009, 01:46 PM
I think Hunt has an All Star jersey in their current auction.

sportscentury
06-15-2009, 03:20 PM
not sure on the cost but should have papers from Unique Sports, Mill creek or coast to coast. check their websites. good luck.

His early Mariners ones, before he was ordering a lot of them, are the best bet. They are on Unique Sports COAs, hand-signed by Griffey. These were produced by Jeff and Scott and Mill Creek and Coast to Coast, so the Unique Sports COAs look just like the latter two. There are some early Ms Griffeys with very good use and perfect signatures (with this correct COA) and they hit eBay every so often (there was one on eBay not but a couple of months ago). The ones with good wear should be photo-matchable through MeiGray. As for his Reds jerseys, I've seen a few good ones (I had a terrific Griffey REDS vest about a year ago), but they do not come along as often. Even though they are more recent, Griffey was not ordering them himself for re-sale, so there just weren't as many to begin with. I hope this helps and I wish you luck in your search. Folks who dealt with Griffey a lot in his early MLB years have told me that he was actually very careful about only signing and selling stuff that was truly game used, but I don't know if he was as careful in the later Ms years (I say this only because I have seen so many Griffeys from his final couple of years with the Ms, and a lot of the jerseys just don't show much use).

sox83cubs84
06-15-2009, 11:04 PM
The White Sox sold a couple of Griffey Jr. gamers at the 2009 SoxFest. I do not know if the team provided LOAs, but all went well over $1,000 each.

Dave M.
Chicago area