PDA

View Full Version : Help - Minor League TBTC "1955 Dodgers" Uniform

TNTtoys
06-15-2009, 09:51 PM
All,

I have recently picked up a minor league jersey from a TBTC game. The jerseys were made by "OT Sports" for a LA Dodgers affiliate's turn back the clock to 1955 night. They are road gray jerseys with blue lettering.

I recall a forum member selling a pair of these a year or so ago on here too, but that's about all I can recall.

Does anyone know when these jerseys were actually worn, and which minor league team wore them? I am guessing that it could be the Las Vegas 51's but not certain. Any help would be appreciated!

Nick

TNTtoys
06-28-2009, 09:21 PM
All,

I have a couple of updates regarding this jersey. I contacted OT Sports, and they told me (without 100% certainty) that they believe they made the jerseys in the 2007 season for the Inland Empire 66ers, A+ Affliate of thr Los Angeles Dodgers. I am still looking to find out who wore the jersey and whether or not this info is 100% accurate.

I was actually hoping the autograph on front would help give away whose jersey this is, but this didn't prove to be much help either.

Here are some photos of the jersey... any help will be greatly appreciated.

Nick

suave1477
06-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Nick are you positive those came from a Dodgers affiliation.

It actually looks like to me those were the Brooklyn Cyclones Throwbacks.
Mets Affiliate.

I am not sure if that is the case here but I do remember them having a Brooklyn Dodgers Throwback Game.

TNTtoys
06-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Nick are you positive those came from a Dodgers affiliation.

It actually looks like to me those were the Brooklyn Cyclones Throwbacks.
Mets Affiliate.

I am not sure if that is the case here but I do remember them having a Brooklyn Dodgers Throwback Game.

Fairly certain that they came from a Dodgers affiliate. OT Sports were pretty sure about this as well.

I just did a little digging and found that the Las Vegas 51's (Dodgers AAA) had a turn back the clock night in July of 2007. A seller on this forum by the name of "eagles33" had a handful of jerseys from this game and attempted to sell them on the old items for sale section (not sure if he had any success). They were the same style jerseys as mine.

I just checked baseball-reference but ran into yet another dead end because there was not a player that batted or pitched in the 2007 season whose name remotely resembled the sig on the jersey.

bobw
06-29-2009, 05:45 AM
Could the signature be this guy?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=nina--001elv

Vintagedeputy
06-29-2009, 08:44 AM
Its got to be Elvin Nina in 2004, playing for the Las Vegas 51's

In 2006, the 51's did a similar promotion, but Nina last played for them in '04 - http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060606&content_id=88055&vkey=news_t400&fext=.jsp&sid=t400

TNTtoys
06-29-2009, 09:43 PM
Bob/Jim,

Thank you for helping me track down my guy; this is much appreciated!!!

Sadly I do not intend to keep the jersey, as it is not a player who would fit at all in my collection. I would happily swap it with a fellow forum member if this is the type of jersey that anyone out there collects; whether it be for the player, for the AAA 51's or a fan of the original Brooklyn Dodgers.

Nick