Is anyone else recieving Spam/Mass-E-mails from Gameused1/Sheffield11/Aaron Bragg?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spartakid
    • Oct 2008

Is anyone else recieving Spam/Mass-E-mails from Gameused1/Sheffield11/Aaron Bragg?

Just curious if anyone else is recieving what appears to be spam-like
    e-mails from Vipsportsgems/Sheffield11/Gameused1/Aaron Bragg? The format appears to be that of a mass e-mail. I know this is against forum rules and I suspect this is where he's getting the e-mail addresses from. Just curious if others on this site are recieving these e-mails. The one I'm referring to (although certainly not the first) was send about fifteen minutes ago. It appears that this member has been called into question before regarding multiple accounts, so some action should probably be taken. Ricardo
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com
  • sportscentury
    • Nov 2005

Re: Is anyone else recieving Spam/Mass-E-mails from Gameused1/Sheffield11/Aaron Bragg?

Originally posted by spartakid
    Just curious if anyone else is recieving what appears to be spam-like
    e-mails from Vipsportsgems/Sheffield11/Gameused1/Aaron Bragg? The format appears to be that of a mass e-mail. I know this is against forum rules and I suspect this is where he's getting the e-mail addresses from. Just curious if others on this site are recieving these e-mails. The one I'm referring to (although certainly not the first) was send about fifteen minutes ago. It appears that this member has been called into question before regarding multiple accounts, so some action should probably be taken. Ricardo
    His name is Anthony Bragg (unless Aaron is one of his aliases). Has he not been banned yet? I haven't received any spam from him, but I've had his various email addresses blocked.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• spartakid
      • Oct 2008

Re: Is anyone else recieving Spam/Mass-E-mails from Gameused1/Sheffield11/Aaron Bragg?

Check that, you're right it is Anthony. It just appears that this person has broken many rules, but no action has been taken by the moderators (or so it appears) to rectify the problem. Ricardo
      Ricardo Montoya

Comment

• newyork2

I received emails from him, but only after I made purchases from him. I think he just simply has a mailing list of anyone who he was has ever emailed with. I dont think it is spam, just a list of items for sale to previous customers. Have you ever ever emailed him or bought anything from him before? That would explain it.

Comment

• jetersbatboy
          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by newyork2
          I received emails from him, but only after I made purchases from him. I think he just simply has a mailing list of anyone who he was has ever emailed with. I dont think it is spam, just a list of items for sale to previous customers. Have you ever ever emailed him or bought anything from him before? That would explain it.
          Same here!!! I don't mind but, he gives better price in his email, then on eBay!

Comment

• BULBUS
            • Nov 2005

I have purchased from him in the past too and now receive emails. I don't mind, he has some nice stuff. Plus, its only once in a while with the emails.

-Chris
            Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
            sigpic
            donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• ChrisCavalier
              Paid Users
              • Jan 1970

Hello Everyone,

This member, along with two others, has recently been banned for rule violations. As a side note, spamming GUU members with unsolicited emails is also a rule violation that will be dealt with by the administrators. If you receive these type of emails from anyone here please let us know and we will deal with the situation.
              Christopher Cavalier
              Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Comment

• spartakid
                • Oct 2008

I would just like to point out that I never asked or requested to be on a mailing list, which I thought is what usually constitutes a mailing list. (for example I REQUESTED to be on the Tiger's mailing list and get e-mails from Marc). I just assumed that he was using e-mails from here and sending mass e-mails out. It also appeared to me that we was clearly using this site as a platform to promote his business, which I thought was against the rules, but he was doing it so indiscreetly, maybe it's not. The only reason that I brought it up was because it didn't appear to be the first "problem" that he's had on here. Ricardo
                Ricardo Montoya

Comment

• ChrisCavalier
                  Paid Users
                  • Jan 1970

Originally posted by spartakid
                  It also appeared to me that we was clearly using this site as a platform to promote his business, which I thought was against the rules, but he was doing it so indiscreetly, maybe it's not.
                  Actually, here is the fourm rule in that regard:

No Advertising or Website Promotion. Please do not post any messages anywhere on this site that are primarily for the promotion or advertising of any website, item for sale (other than in the 'Collector to Collector Classifieds' section as per its rules), forum, email address, business, multi-level marketing activity or other entity without prior approval from Game Used Universe.

Again, we don't like to ban members so we often issue warnings first, etc. That is probably why it didn't happen as quickly as you might have expected.
                  Christopher Cavalier

Comment

• the3lads
                    • Mar 2007

I bought some stuff from him also. Not sure how I got on his e-mail list, but his prices were good.

Comment

• allstarsplus
                      • Nov 2005

I have about 5 companies sending me stuff daily and 1 is Sports Intergrity. Anyone know who that is?

I use my DELETE button a lot. LOL
                      Regards,
                      Andrew Lang
                      AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                      202-716-8500

Comment

• ChrisCavalier
                        Paid Users
                        • Jan 1970

Originally posted by the3lads
                        I bought some stuff from him also. Not sure how I got on his e-mail list
                        To be very clear, as per our privacy policy, contact information for GUU members is NOT shared with anyone. However, people can get email addresses from people who publicly post their email addresses on internet sites or from some companies that do sell their lists.

As for GUU, we do not approve of sending spam emails to individuals who have not agreed to receive them. If it is deemed that a GUU member is sending unsolicited emails to other GUU members without the receiving members consent, the member sending the email will face administrative action.
                        Christopher Cavalier

Comment

• Masimen
                          • Jun 2008

I have done business with Anthony in the past and have always been happy. Whether or not he is in violation of the rules of this forum is one thing, but I don't really consider his emails spam. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• yanks12025
                            • Jan 2006

Chris,
                            Are you going to ban yourself soon then, because i know for a fact in the past i have rcieved emails from GUU about the upcoming auction or cowboy items, and i never remember signing up for that stuff. It's the same with what he did but he added us because we bought stuff from him, while for you we signed up for this website. So how are your different then him.

Comment

• ChrisCavalier
                              Paid Users
                              • Jan 1970

Originally posted by yanks12025
                              Chris,
                              Are you going to ban yourself soon then, because i know for a fact in the past i have rcieved emails from GUU about the upcoming auction or cowboy items, and i never remember signing up for that stuff. It's the same with what he did but he added us because we bought stuff from him, while for you we signed up for this website. So how are your different then him.
                              Hello Brock,

Contrary to your attempted comparison, we provide a service here for collectors that choose join our site of their own volition (for many their membership is complimentary) and those that join our site receive emails from GUU as updates of what we are doing. Any member who joins our site is also given the option to opt out from receiving emails from us at any time. In fact, any person can opt out of receiving emails in the registration process and they also have the option to opt out of receiving emails in any of the emails sent from us. We do not send spam emails to people who are not members of GUU.

I hope that clears up any confusion.
                              Christopher Cavalier

Comment

Working...