PDA

View Full Version : I Desperately Need Help On Website Building - Please Help

TriplexXxSports
06-17-2009, 06:51 AM
I know that alot of members on here have their own website. I have one that I run through Yahoo, but it is constantly locking up, and I can never get into it to update it. Page Builder is USELESS!!

What is the best site for building your own website? One that won't break the bank in monthly fees.

Any point in the right direction is greatly appreciated!

gameu08
06-17-2009, 07:06 AM
www.webs.com.....doing a maintance update right now though

grandpahoo
06-17-2009, 10:04 AM
I used SiteBuilder through Yahoo. I think the monthly fee is somewhere around $9 per month.

TriplexXxSports
06-17-2009, 10:19 AM
I used SiteBuilder through Yahoo. I think the monthly fee is somewhere around $9 per month.

Thanks for the comment, but that's who I am trying to get away from. I have had a site through yahoo for 6 years and it has been nothing but headache.

I'm looking for an easier place to build and maintain. I am constantly changing/updating pics and info. Yahoo sucks for that.

Thanks again

rj_lucas
06-17-2009, 10:22 AM
I agree with Gameu08, webs.com has a lot of powerful features but is easy to use. Your site name would be in this format:

www.yoursitename.webs.com (http://www.yoursitename.webs.com)

However, if you register a domain name with somebody like GoDaddy you can use URL forwarding/masking to point a regular name like

www.yoursitename.com (http://www.yoursitename.com)

to your webs.com site. Best of all, if you can live with a banner ad at the top of your site, webs.com is completely free.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

shoremen44
06-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Triple X,
Take a look at my site on the link below...

Free webs is pretty easy to use... you can go with the free option or for a fee upgrade the storage, name and email

I am not all that web savvy and I thought it was pretty easy to create

gatorcollector
06-17-2009, 10:44 AM
I use GoDaddy for mine. I think it's pretty easy to use, but I've never used anything else so I don't really have anything to compare it to.

Rob L
06-17-2009, 11:07 AM
webs.com (formerly Freewebs.com) is easy to use. Price is free and they only add one ad at the top of the page which is better then when they placed them throughout the pages.

TriplexXxSports
06-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Thanks for all the tips guys. It looks like I have a couple of options to work with. I own triplexxxsports.com so I will carry that domain with me.

Once I find one that I like, I will get it completed and toss it up here so you can check it out.