PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the tags NY Giants Jerseys

hockeytigers
06-18-2009, 02:17 PM
There is an interesting topic going on in the auction area of this website regarding NY Giants jerseys.

It was my thoughts, that every jersey that was gameworn, that came from the Giants, had a "W" written on the tag by the equipment manager.

Numerous others have stated that they have Giants jerseys that are gameworn but do not have the "W" written on them.

Below is a picture of a tag from a gameworn jersey purchased at MeiGray with the "W" written on the jersey. This is the only NY Giants jersey that I have in my collection.

Does anyone know the story behind this?

skinsfan0521
06-18-2009, 02:40 PM
I'll post pictures of the tags that I have tonight.

Also, the member that I told you about in the other thread (don't remember his username on here right now) has a bunch of pics and stuff on his website. The website is www.chipsnstuff.com ... somewhere on there, there's a link to Giants memorabilia. In there he's got pics of tags and stuff. Sorry I can't give ya a direct link right now, I'm at work.

-Brian

grandpahoo
06-18-2009, 02:59 PM
This is from a 1999 Giants jersey I purchased from Mei Gray.

skinsfan0521
06-18-2009, 04:27 PM
Ok, so these are my two Snee jerseys. White jersey is 04, blue is 05. The direct link to the site that I mentioned above is here: chipsnstuff Giants Jerseys (http://www.chipsnstuff.com/NYGiants/Jerseys/Gamers.htm)

-Brian