PDA

View Full Version : Got $50,000 for Tiger Woods' slightly used Polo shirt...

emann
06-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Tiger Woods GU golf shirts from UD:

http://store.upperdeck.com//Products/Upper%20Deck%20Default%20Catalog/tiger_video_june09/default.aspx?V=2&SO=2

It's not the cost as much as what you get for your money... I understand how amazing Woods is and how rare these probably are, but 50K? At this point in time... for him? If I was Woods and they came to me with what they'd be charging for these items, I'd feel silly (and possibly a little ashamed).

Can you imagine if each time you do a load of laundry, you've got millions rolling around getting wet. Better not put in too much bleach! :rolleyes:

sammy
06-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Their prices are retarded.

cordovacollector
06-19-2009, 10:08 AM
Tiger Woods GU golf shirts from UD:

http://store.upperdeck.com//Products/Upper%20Deck%20Default%20Catalog/tiger_video_june09/default.aspx?V=2&SO=2

If I was Woods and they came to me with what they'd be charging for these items, I'd feel silly (and possibly a little ashamed).

Agreed. I just lost some respect for him. But that's just me. If it is 100% for charity, then it had better say so loud and clear upfront or it just makes him look gluttonish.

paradoxx80
06-21-2009, 02:42 PM
I feel like that the pricing was ALL upper deck...I can't see Tiger being greedy enough to sell his shirt for these prices, on his own accord..

suicide_squeeze
06-22-2009, 10:39 PM
You guys make it sound like he should be doing this for you as a favor.

Look, I admit the prices are for a small few......but we're talking Tiger Woods, and these items are authentic, from one of his 15 Majors to date, the U.S. Open, no less.......while he was a gimp! On round 3 he had two eagles and a chip in....

In baseball equivilent terms, that's like hitting two grand slams, and a triple.

I don't know if I would buy one of these if I had the money and was a tremendous golf fan......but I know there are surely some out there that will PROUDLY display these shirts, most likely after having them professionally framed with a picture of Tiger in action wearing the same in the 2008 U.S. Open, and it will be the conversation piece of their home/office/collection (wherever it may be displayed) for the rest of their lives.

It's real.

It's authenticity is unquestionable.

It's a MAJOR-worn golf shirt (jersey, if you will) worn in what could be equivilent to the Super Bowl of the game (or one of them if you prefer the Masters) by none other than the GREATEST golfer, arguably for now, probably not arguably in a few more years......OF ALL TIME.

Oh, and he won the tournament to add to his MAJOR Total.

It's about as good as it gets, if you're rich, and a golf fan.