PDA

View Full Version : Mesh inserts in 2009 Red Sox jerseys!?!

dafivehole
06-19-2009, 07:34 AM
I was at a Red Sox game a couple of weeks ago and I noticed that the jerseys they were wearing (regular home whites) had large diamond shaped inserts under each arm pit (for ventilation, I assume)... you could clearly see that the inserts were a mesh material. Is this a new thing this year on their jerseys? Do other teams have this as well?

Thanks,
Roger
:confused:

beantown
06-19-2009, 08:40 AM
Roger,

Those jerseys are the "cool base" jerseys...a lighter, more breathable material vs. the traditional polyester....I believe they've been used for the last several years and all MLB teams have them...here is a picture of Brad Penny wearing a "cool base" jersey....

Chris

mbenga28
06-19-2009, 09:00 AM
are these what's referred to as "stretch-mesh gussets"

dafivehole
06-19-2009, 09:12 AM
Chris,

Thanks for the info. I had heard of the "Cool Base" jerseys but I had never seen them wear them. You can't see in that picture of Penny but the diamond shaped inserts are pretty "see through" and are quite obvious during the games... thanks again for the info!

I was thinking that these were warm weather jerseys (like they have in football) but the weather was pretty cool the day I saw them :rolleyes:

Roger