06-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Gonna give it my best to come up with a good excuse to get outta work :D

2000mvpfan
06-19-2009, 11:56 PM
I'm there!

Gocong57
06-22-2009, 08:01 AM
Some auction items for the Phest:

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/gallery/Memorabilia_Worth_Some_Moolah.html?cmpid=42906447

cohibasmoker
06-22-2009, 08:54 AM
I've attached a list of items in the Live auction. I thought there would have been more WS game worn items. If anyone has a expanded list, could you please post the list? Thanks - Jim

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/phi/downloads/y2009/live_auction.pdf

cohibasmoker
06-22-2009, 08:57 AM
Here's the Silent auction List

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/phi/downloads/y2009/silent_auction.pdf

Mat2786@aol.com
06-22-2009, 08:59 PM
I was there tonight, I had a great night, I got 2 Utley game used bats signed. I went to the silent auction to look at the game used bats. I've been going for about the past 5 years. I always pick up the bats and handle them with care, I don't bang them around. I just want to see the use, the number on the knob and see check if there is a crack. Well tonight I picked up an utley looked it over, put it down. Picked up a Rollins looked it over, put it down. A couple of the staff were watching me while I was looking at, there was know problem. I went over to another table my dad said check out this Stairs bat. So I pick it up I am trying to see the lace marks. All of a sudden I get yelled at by the staff from this table. PUT THAT BAT DOWN! your not allowed to pick up the items on the table. Like I said before I have been going for 5 years never had a problem. So I said ok and put it down. I started just turning the bat while it was on the table. I just wanted to see the use of the bat. I got yelled at again for touching the bat. I just left then. I don't understand why I couldn't check the use of the bat. Or the numbers on the knob. I was kinda angry about the whole situtation. But I still had a good nite. How did everyone else do? Anyone win any items?

Matt

bubbrubb25
06-22-2009, 10:30 PM
I was there tonight, I had a great night, I got 2 Utley game used bats signed. I went to the silent auction to look at the game used bats. I've been going for about the past 5 years. I always pick up the bats and handle them with care, I don't bang them around. I just want to see the use, the number on the knob and see check if there is a crack. Well tonight I picked up an utley looked it over, put it down. Picked up a Rollins looked it over, put it down. A couple of the staff were watching me while I was looking at, there was know problem. I went over to another table my dad said check out this Stairs bat. So I pick it up I am trying to see the lace marks. All of a sudden I get yelled at by the staff from this table. PUT THAT BAT DOWN! your not allowed to pick up the items on the table. Like I said before I have been going for 5 years never had a problem. So I said ok and put it down. I started just turning the bat while it was on the table. I just wanted to see the use of the bat. I got yelled at again for touching the bat. I just left then. I don't understand why I couldn't check the use of the bat. Or the numbers on the knob. I was kinda angry about the whole situtation. But I still had a good nite. How did everyone else do? Anyone win any items?

MattYea I heard them yelling at a few people for doing that, but in the past I have seen people accually take a cracked bat and swing it I can see them yelling for that but if your just looking at it your not going to harm it.

However I did pick up the 2008 Game Used Pedro Feliz alternate home.

Chris78
06-22-2009, 11:19 PM
Hi, just curious to anyone that went tonight if they sold anything game used that was not in an auction format? Also, was the game used stand open at section 126? Finally, were people selling any autograph tickets for people that did not have one? I decided not to go this year because I did not have an autograph ticket.

Chris

bubbrubb25
06-23-2009, 12:15 AM
Hi, just curious to anyone that went tonight if they sold anything game used that was not in an auction format? Also, was the game used stand open at section 126? Finally, were people selling any autograph tickets for people that did not have one? I decided not to go this year because I did not have an autograph ticket.

Chris
Didnt see anything for sale other than auction format as usual.....game used stand was not open.....I didnt have auto tickets either and didnt see people selling them....thing that got me a little mad though usually twards the end of the players sign they will let you give $5 to get an auto so i went to chase utleys booth and after waiting a half hour I got right there and they cut the line! Then I went over to eric bruntletts station and i was waiting in line for 10 min and the guy cut the line behind me but said tickets only no $5 so I got out of line BUT they were still taking cash so I was only a step out of line so I got back in and the lady that was working there said YOU CANT CUT IN LINE! I said now you just seen me standing here and explained how the guy taking that cash said they were no longer accepting cash but he was still taking it and letting people in so she told the guy that while i was the next person to get in to the booth and he said nope no more cash I mean come on its for charity!!! So thats the only thing I could complain about.

murfsteve25
06-23-2009, 06:20 AM
Is this an annual event? Did Ryan Howard show up for the signing? And do they always sell game used items?

cohibasmoker
06-23-2009, 08:19 AM
When I looked at the items for sale in the live auction, I decided NOT to go because its a long drive to try and get a item from but a handful of quality items. In all honesty, when I first looked at the list of items in the "live auction", I immediately thought about how lame the list was. There are members in this forum who have better items in their personal collection than the items a professional baseball team was offering.

I truly feel the Phillies and the ALS foundation lost a "save opportunity" because the bottom line is, this annual auction event is for the ALS Foundation and since the Phillies have been doing this event for so long, last year was a golden opportunity to get some quality items and offer them to the fans - but the save was blown.

Here's what the Phillies and the ALS Foundation could have done. Since the Phillies went to the World Series and the Series lasted 5 games, why not use 5 sets of uniforms? One set could go to the players, one set could have went to MLB, another set could have went to the ALS foundation and the team could have done whatever they wanted with the other 2 sets. How about game used bases? How about bats, caps, used baseballs? The list could have been endless.

In closing, the Phillies are always squawking about how they love their fans. Last Year's World Series could have provided a bonanza of items for the fans who would have been more than happy to fork over their hard earned dollars.

Just my opinion,

Jim

Gocong57
06-23-2009, 08:40 AM
I assume Phils don't offer everything but the kitchen sink at ALS annual fund raiser bec. they sell stuff through their CBP kiosk during summer; intermittent charity auctions at CBP; donation of items to other worthy charitable causes; winter sale; players keep items, esp. from last WS year; and other distribution to significant season ticket holders, sponsors, etc.

That being said, the Phils likely could've offered more and diverse items whether from last WS or other previous years.

hblakewolf
06-23-2009, 09:32 AM
When I looked at the items for sale in the live auction, I decided NOT to go because its a long drive to try and get a item from but a handful of quality items. In all honesty, when I first looked at the list of items in the "live auction", I immediately thought about how lame the list was. There are members in this forum who have better items in their personal collection than the items a professional baseball team was offering.

I truly feel the Phillies and the ALS foundation lost a "save opportunity" because the bottom line is, this annual auction event is for the ALS Foundation and since the Phillies have been doing this event for so long, last year was a golden opportunity to get some quality items and offer them to the fans - but the save was blown.

Here's what the Phillies and the ALS Foundation could have done. Since the Phillies went to the World Series and the Series lasted 5 games, why not use 5 sets of uniforms? One set could go to the players, one set could have went to MLB, another set could have went to the ALS foundation and the team could have done whatever they wanted with the other 2 sets. How about game used bases? How about bats, caps, used baseballs? The list could have been endless.

In closing, the Phillies are always squawking about how they love their fans. Last Year's World Series could have provided a bonanza of items for the fans who would have been more than happy to fork over their hard earned dollars.

Just my opinion,

Jim

Jim-

I was going to add to this thread, however, I could just remove your name from your post and add mine!

You hit this right on the head. I remember attending the 1989 ALS auction. It was similar to their 1986 auction; an entire set of game worn green St. Patrick's jerseys were auctioned (except for the Carlton who refused to wear it!). Likewise, additional jerseys were included both from the Phillies and other teams, with a focus on the star players.

No insult to my 4 year old daughter, but she has a better grasp on what should be offered at the ALS auction! A handful of Phillies jerseys the year after they win the World Series? This is the flagship auction! Who inside the Phillies organization plans these events? Maybe times have changed, Jim, and based on the poor economy, their focus in organizing such an event is now centered around the autograph booths and other activities associated with this event such as the silent auction?

Great post, Jim.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

geoff
06-23-2009, 03:18 PM
I went this past Friday to the Game VS The Orioles and went to the Game Used Stand.I think the Prices were Over Priced a bit.They wanted $500.00 for a Adam Dunn Game Used Bat that was Taped Together and had Wood Missing.Who Priced up that Bat.