PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Civil Rights Game Throwbacks?

pietraynor
06-21-2009, 11:03 AM
Both the Reds & White Sox wore 1964 style throwback uniforms including caps. I liked both styles, especially seeing the Reds NOB underneath the numbers again. Looking forward to bidding on a few when/if they get listed on MLB auctions. Jay

hblakewolf
06-21-2009, 11:09 AM
If any Forum reader is interested, I have 2 of the White Sox 2008 Civil Right jerseys available that were worn on 3/29/08 against the Mets. #18 Orlando Cabrera and #10 Alexi Ramirez.

Photos and pricing are available upon request.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

grenda12
06-21-2009, 11:54 AM
Both the Reds & White Sox wore 1964 style throwback uniforms including caps. I liked both styles, especially seeing the Reds NOB underneath the numbers again. Looking forward to bidding on a few when/if they get listed on MLB auctions. Jay

I didnt like Sox uniform all that much. The stripe going down the pants and the collar of the jersey were the two things I didnt like and they didnt look right on the players. I liked seeing the number on the sleeve. I seen Jenks with the uniform on and it didnt do him any justice.

The Reds werent too bad, but Id rather have the sleeves than sleeveless. The name under the number was pretty cool.

Id like to see what they bring on MLB auctions. I havent seen then being sold on the MLB Shop for the teams yet.

sox83cubs84
06-21-2009, 02:18 PM
While there were a couple of aesthetic differences, overall the uniforms were winners. I liked the extra touch of a Civil Rights Game logo in lieu of the standard MLB logo on the back of the neck. The 1964 retro look was an inspired choice, as well, as that was the year the Civil Rights Act was signed. The 2009 versions were both made by Majestic; the 1964 originals were both produced by MacGregor.

Dave M.
Chicago area

justinwc80
06-21-2009, 02:37 PM
If anyone sees them for sale I would love to get some Reds ones.

larry bourget
06-21-2009, 09:26 PM
I just liked the Cincy Hats.

LB