PDA

View Full Version : Mariano Rivera had his 2nd Career at bat tonight!!!

suave1477
06-24-2009, 09:23 PM
Mariano for his second time in his whole career got an at bat tonight!!

He Wore Melky Cabrera batting gloves
Alfredo Alceves Batting Helmet
and looked liked he used a Derek Jeter bat

joelsabi
06-24-2009, 09:52 PM

wow. i think the last time i seen him bat was in the world series maybe 10 years ago.

Vintagedeputy
06-24-2009, 11:14 PM
Dont forget to mention that he made good contact, hitting it to short CF and he ran full steam to first.

kylehess10
06-24-2009, 11:23 PM
I am proud to say I was in attendance tonight to see Mariano's at-bat. I feel as if I watched history :D

Mariano got a big hand from the crowd too. The second I saw him come out, I instantly wondered who's bat he had.

Vintagedeputy
06-24-2009, 11:33 PM
Kyle - I hope you took a ton of pics of Mo!

joelsabi
06-24-2009, 11:39 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQwkmna4EBc

kylehess10
06-25-2009, 01:24 AM
Kyle - I hope you took a ton of pics of Mo!

Yup.......and I'm going to tomorrow's game as well for more Yankees pictures. It's impossible though moving around Turner Field with the Yankees in town....I have to take most of my pics from a little far back than normal.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/kylehess1025/DSC_0430.jpg

jobathenut
06-25-2009, 01:43 AM
As always great picture.I knew you would be posting some pictures on here.Man ,i wish i could take pictures like you.As like you i love talking pictures at games.I can't wait as the yankees are coming into town in a couple of weeks to play.And i'm hoping to get good tickets so i can get some good pictures.I was able to get front row vip right by the yankees on-deck circle last season and got some alright pictures.Obviously not kyle good,but good to me.I'm not that camera smart and don;t take very good action pictures like you.You are in the hall of fame of sports pictures to me.:)
Yup.......and I'm going to tomorrow's game as well for more Yankees pictures. It's impossible though moving around Turner Field with the Yankees in town....I have to take most of my pics from a little far back than normal.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/kylehess1025/DSC_0430.jpg

cjclong
06-25-2009, 08:02 AM
There used to be a Mariano Rivera Louisville Slugger floating around with his name on the barrel. Does Louisville Slugger no longer make one for him?

BULBUS
06-25-2009, 08:38 AM
According to yankees.com, he used a Cody Ransom bat.

Vintagedeputy
06-25-2009, 08:48 AM
Kyle - any Mo batting photos?

newyork2
06-25-2009, 11:39 AM
I Love MO, I really need to get some used of his. What do you think a Signed GU single cleat would go for?

kylehess10
06-25-2009, 11:39 AM
jobathenut:

Thanks I really appreciate. It really isn't that hard though to take good pictures. You have have to have the right time, the right settings, and the right camera/lens.

vintagedeputy:

Unfortunately when Mo came up to bat, I had put my camera up by then. I'll usually take about 200-250 pictures then take a break near the end of the game.

suave1477
06-25-2009, 12:21 PM
According to yankees.com, he used a Cody Ransom bat.

Thanks for the update.

suave1477
06-25-2009, 12:23 PM
There used to be a Mariano Rivera Louisville Slugger floating around with his name on the barrel. Does Louisville Slugger no longer make one for him?

Cjclong there is a Mariano Rivera bat on ebay but it is a BP bat.

I own one myself the only other Rivera bat then the ebay BP I ever seen, it was used by Enrique Wilson.

jobathenut
06-25-2009, 07:19 PM
Yeah,i just can't take very good action shots.Me and my brother have season tickets for the college hockey team here.And i take like 100-150 pictures a game.But mostly back of the jerseys pictures as those turn out the best.And also those are my favorite type of pictures.Like i said,i am not that camera smart.So i know i proberly don't have the setting right on my camera.I should take it into the photo place and have them do it for me.I got my digital camera in 2004 and have loved it.But it sure was strage at first.As i was use to a regular film camera.Anyway,great pictures.You make mne jealous every time you post them on here.:)
jobathenut:

Thanks I really appreciate. It really isn't that hard though to take good pictures. You have have to have the right time, the right settings, and the right camera/lens.

vintagedeputy:

Unfortunately when Mo came up to bat, I had put my camera up by then. I'll usually take about 200-250 pictures then take a break near the end of the game.

kylehess10
06-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Yeah,i just can't take very good action shots.Me and my brother have season tickets for the college hockey team here.And i take like 100-150 pictures a game.But mostly back of the jerseys pictures as those turn out the best.And also those are my favorite type of pictures.Like i said,i am not that camera smart.So i know i proberly don't have the setting right on my camera.I should take it into the photo place and have them do it for me.I got my digital camera in 2004 and have loved it.But it sure was strage at first.As i was use to a regular film camera.Anyway,great pictures.You make mne jealous every time you post them on here.:)

Well there's your problem. Anything indoors where you needs lights prevents action shots. In order to take those action shots, you need to turn up your shutter speed, and in order to turn up your shutter speed, you need sunlight. I normally like to take pictures only during day-games, because if I go to night games, then if I want an action shot, I need to wait until after the player swings, otherwise everything will be all blurry. Just like on the Mariano Rivera photo I posted in this thread....it was nighttime, so the shutter speed had to be lowered, and it caused his arm and the ball to look a little blurry.

cordovacollector
06-26-2009, 05:23 PM
Ahh, not necessarily so, Kyle. I shot inside the Dome for years with a film camera, no less. You need a lot of practice, a good eye, and anticipation of the shot. I shot at 125th sec and used Fuji (better on blue and green) 400 film. Now with digital it is much easier. I once took in 50 rolls to be developed and only threw 4 pictures out because of the slightest blur. I could tolerate a bit of blur if the composition was good.

Joba, these shots were all taken from 4 rows behind were you sat for the Yankees games. I was Section 120 Row 12 Seat 9 for many years. FFor a couple years I was Section 120 Row 7 Seat 9 ... which was the OLD front row before the VIP seats went in. I know you can do this with practice!

Here's what you can do inside with a Jurasic camera:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/272818/LewFord.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/272818/RoyceClayton.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/272818/Corey.jpg

And you can watch for moments like these ... this is for all you fathers and sons out there:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/272818/AJ.jpg

jobathenut
06-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Kyle-That's what i figured as the professional ones have a trigger to do the light.Which i never knew what the lights going off during a hockey game were.Until i sat next to a guy whos brother was a professional taking pictures for the game for the red wings.And he explained that to me.And i thought it was funny that a little flash of light on the top of the building could make a difference but it does.I know what you mean about outdoors and indoor games.Because the pictures i took outdoors in cleveland vs the yankees turned out better than the ones i took indoors at the inflatiable toliet they call a stadium in minnesota.I don't know how to adjust the shutter speed,but i have looked over the camera and guiide to see how to do it but can't figure out how to do it.So for action shots,you want to turn up your shutter speed but you can't do that at a indoor game.Well anyway,i thought i would share some pictures with you.
Well there's your problem. Anything indoors where you needs lights prevents action shots. In order to take those action shots, you need to turn up your shutter speed, and in order to turn up your shutter speed, you need sunlight. I normally like to take pictures only during day-games, because if I go to night games, then if I want an action shot, I need to wait until after the player swings, otherwise everything will be all blurry. Just like on the Mariano Rivera photo I posted in this thread....it was nighttime, so the shutter speed had to be lowered, and it caused his arm and the ball to look a little blurry.

kylehess10
06-27-2009, 12:52 AM
Kyle-That's what i figured as the professional ones have a trigger to do the light.Which i never knew what the lights going off during a hockey game were.Until i sat next to a guy whos brother was a professional taking pictures for the game for the red wings.And he explained that to me.And i thought it was funny that a little flash of light on the top of the building could make a difference but it does.I know what you mean about outdoors and indoor games.Because the pictures i took outdoors in cleveland vs the yankees turned out better than the ones i took indoors at the inflatiable toliet they call a stadium in minnesota.I don't know how to adjust the shutter speed,but i have looked over the camera and guiide to see how to do it but can't figure out how to do it.So for action shots,you want to turn up your shutter speed but you can't do that at a indoor game.Well anyway,i thought i would share some pictures with you.

Your pictures are still very good even if you don't have the shutter all the way up. At day games for the Braves, I've been able to turn my shutter speed all the way up to 1/4000th of a second. That's only on REALLY sunny days though, but commonly I'll have it on around 1/2000th. With this picture I took of Brian McCann at night, I had the shutter speed on 1/400th of a second and the ISO set at 1000. That's common for night games. If you have good lighting at those hockey games, then once you figure out how to adjust your settings, I'd keep the ISO at 1000 or above and the shutter at anywhere between 200-500. With this picture at 400, I can still take an action shot, but the blur can be kept at a minimal:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2nbr4mf.jpg

jobathenut
07-05-2009, 09:31 PM
GREAT ONE-You saying my pictures still are good,means alot to me.I just wish i could take pictures like you.I just don't know alot about cameras and how to change the shutter speed etc on it.Thanks:)
Your pictures are still very good even if you don't have the shutter all the way up. At day games for the Braves, I've been able to turn my shutter speed all the way up to 1/4000th of a second. That's only on REALLY sunny days though, but commonly I'll have it on around 1/2000th. With this picture I took of Brian McCann at night, I had the shutter speed on 1/400th of a second and the ISO set at 1000. That's common for night games. If you have good lighting at those hockey games, then once you figure out how to adjust your settings, I'd keep the ISO at 1000 or above and the shutter at anywhere between 200-500. With this picture at 400, I can still take an action shot, but the blur can be kept at a minimal:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2nbr4mf.jpg