PDA

View Full Version : RIP, Farrah Fawcett

34swtns
06-25-2009, 08:15 PM
I had the poster on my wall as a teenager in the late 70's.
She was a beautiful lady who died courageously and with dignity.
Rest her soul.

cordovacollector
06-25-2009, 09:32 PM
The documentary she did on her fight (Farrah's Story) is magnificent. Please take the time to watch it if they replay it in the next days. It is heartbreakingly real and filled with dignity and grace. Cancer will and does affect us all. She was far braver than I.

chakes89
06-26-2009, 12:54 AM
Lock It Up!

TriplexXxSports
06-26-2009, 06:03 AM
They say that all things come in 3's - McMahon, Fawcett, Jackson. They will be missed

Marichal27
06-26-2009, 06:38 AM
And Dusty Rhodes. What does this have to do with sports collecting?? Someone collected Farah Fawcet cards or Wacko Jacko cards?

34swtns
06-26-2009, 06:49 AM
Lock It Up!

Uh....what?
Better lock something else up.

3arod13
06-26-2009, 08:16 AM
I had the poster on my wall as a teenager in the late 70's.
She was a beautiful lady who died courageously and with dignity.
Rest her soul.

http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/54/039_228.jpg (http://affiliates.allposters.com/link/redirect.asp?item=275027&AID=264986&PSTID=1&LTID=1&lang=1)

skinsfan0521
06-26-2009, 08:39 AM
Seriously arod13?? You couldn't just post a picture for the sake of posting a picture, you had to put your affiliate code in there so you could try to make some $$ off of this thread??

Wow....

-Brian

TriplexXxSports
06-26-2009, 08:45 AM
......you had to put your affiliate code in there so you could try to make some $$ off of this thread??

?? Am I missing something here ??

skinsfan0521
06-26-2009, 08:50 AM
If you hover over the picture that 3arod13 posted, and look in your status bar at the bottom of your browser it says that the address that you'll go to if you click on the image is "affiliates.allposters.com...".

That means that everytime somebody clicks on this picture, it takes them to allposters.com and puts a cookie on their machine and anything that they buy from allposters over the next X number of days, 3arod13 will get a % of the $ for.

So, this is a "R.I.P." thread and somebody's trying to cash in on it.

Lame.

-Brian

Neely8
06-26-2009, 08:51 AM

I think what he meant is that if you click on the poster of her it takes you to a website, however, I don't think that website is 3arod13's so maybe you want to ask before you accuse?

skinsfan0521
06-26-2009, 08:52 AM
I think what he meant is that if you click on the poster of her it takes you to a website, however, I don't think that website is 3arod13's so maybe you want to ask before you accuse?
Read my above post. Trust me, that's exactly how it works. I've got an affiliate account at allposters for some of my websites that I have.

-Brian

3arod13
06-26-2009, 08:59 AM
If you hover over the picture that 3arod13 posted, and look in your status bar at the bottom of your browser it says that the address that you'll go to if you click on the image is "affiliates.allposters.com...".

That means that everytime somebody clicks on this picture, it takes them to allposters.com and puts a cookie on their machine and anything that they buy from allposters over the next X number of days, 3arod13 will get a % of the $ for.

Lame.

-Brian

All I did was copy and paste the picture from searching on the internet. My intent was to post the picture he was talking about (which I actaully got the wrong one).

If the website that I copied the picture from, has it set up that way, there is/was no way for me to know that.

Before accusing someone of something, know what you're talking about!!!

Regards, Tony

3arod13
06-26-2009, 09:04 AM

Gets old when people accuse people of something, when they don't know what they're talking about or have proof.

Any of you can go to that website, right click on a picture, then post here. You will see it will do the same thing.

I have never bought any posters from that site. Myintent was to only post the picture he was referring too

3arod13
06-26-2009, 09:09 AM

Lame.

-Brian

You were pretty quick in accussing me of doing wrong. How about being just as quick in apologizing!!!!!

skinsfan0521
06-26-2009, 09:13 AM
I don't care all that much to get into a big argument about it, so this will be my last post in this thread.

But, that's just not how it works. If you go to anywhere on the internet, right click on a picture and select "copy image" and then paste it into anywhere else, it doesn't copy the link along with it, just the image. You have to intentionally copy the link.

But seriously, I'm not all that concerned with it, so I'm not going to get into a long, drawn out argument about it.

-Brian

3arod13
06-26-2009, 09:18 AM
I don't care all that much to get into a big argument about it, so this will be my last post in this thread.

But, that's just not how it works. If you go to anywhere on the internet, right click on a picture and select "copy image" and then paste it into anywhere else, it doesn't copy the link along with it, just the image. You have to intentionally copy the link.

But seriously, I'm not all that concerned with it, so I'm not going to get into a long, drawn out argument about it.

-Brian

Wow! Are you serious! Guess some people have a difficult time admitting when they're wrong!

If you believe that, then go to their site, right click, copy, and past to this site. Then click on the picture here. You will see it will do the same thing.

Don't every accuse me of something again, unless your have your facts straight. Your first post accussed me of doing something inappropriate and wrong. Get your facts straight!

Regards, Tony

skyking26
06-26-2009, 09:18 AM
You were pretty quick in accussing me of doing wrong. How about being just as quick in apologizing!!!!!
What gets seriously old here is someone doing innocent gestures like Tony did in memory; and then someone attacking...

I've cut back on my time at this site over the past year for this very reason. While Tony's post has nothing to do with collecting of any nature; there certainly is nothing wrong with remarking on the passing of iconic figures of most of our youth here. I'm 45, and I know if you didn't own a Farrah poster, you wanted one if you were a male. I miss Ed's goofy laugh on 2nite show, and Jacko was an artist; but weird as hell. All from the time.

Peace - RK

3arod13
06-26-2009, 09:23 AM
What gets seriously old here is someone doing innocent gestures like Tony did in memory; and then someone attacking...

I've cut back on my time at this site over the past year for this very reason. While Tony's post has nothing to do with collecting of any nature; there certainly is nothing wrong with remarking on the passing of iconic figures of most of our youth here. I'm 45, and I know if you didn't own a Farrah poster, you wanted one if you were a male. I miss Ed's goofy laugh on 2nite show, and Jacko was an artist; but weird as hell. All from the time.

Peace - RK

RK, thanks! When I first joined this forum, it was great. Mostly discussions about game used memorabilia, than today. Also, there are many nasty and rude people in this forum, than when I first joined. Accusatory and straight up rude.

ndevlin
06-26-2009, 09:26 AM
RK, thanks! When I first joined this forum, it was great. Mostly discussions about game used memorabilia, than today. Also, there are many nasty and rude people in this forum, than when I first joined. Accusatory and straight up rude.

Yep, I completely agree!! And people that answer questions and have no idea what they are talking about. That one bugs me. Oh, and multiple accounts...

joelsabi
06-26-2009, 10:04 AM
The documentary she did on her fight (Farrah's Story) is magnificent. Please take the time to watch it if they replay it in the next days. It is heartbreakingly real and filled with dignity and grace. Cancer will and does affect us all. She was far braver than I.

helen,

was this the 20/20 piece with barbara walters? i watched it and all three angels from charlies angels had breast cancer and they were all there for each other. then farrah fawcett had a second bout of cancer and what struck jacklyn smith, one of the other angels, was that miss fawcett was not afraid to battle against cancer again. she was so brave. my admiration goes out to those who battle against cancer and for those who are part of a recovery support system for a cancer patient.

joel

dodgersfan
06-26-2009, 10:14 AM
Admit that you are wrong!
Apologize Brian,He had no idea.
Step up and admit that you are wrong.

Rudy

Seriously arod13?? You couldn't just post a picture for the sake of posting a picture, you had to put your affiliate code in there so you could try to make some $$ off of this thread??

Wow....

-Brian

TriplexXxSports
06-26-2009, 11:14 AM
All I did is google, save images as, and upload it here. But this explains what happened here.

cjclong
06-26-2009, 01:45 PM
While this had nothing to do with sports a member acknowledged a nationally known death event with an RIP. And then it turns into something else. I've always thought Tony was a straight shooter and there was no need to go after him and divert what one member put up as tribute into something else. I remember when I followed the racehorse Barbaro and was sad when he died and put up a post, somewhat reluctantly because I thought it was marginal to sports, and some folks here tried to spoil it.

eisenreich8
06-26-2009, 02:12 PM
While this had nothing to do with sports a member acknowledged a nationally known death event with an RIP. And then it turns into something else. I've always thought Tony was a straight shooter and there was no need to go after him and divert what one member put up as tribute into something else. I remember when I followed the racehorse Barbaro and was sad when he died and put up a post, somewhat reluctantly because I thought it was marginal to sports, and some folks here tried to spoil it.

Apparently, some people crave attention and need to be recognized somehow.

For what it's worth, Tony, thanks for all your contributions to this forum. I enjoy reading your posts and I not for one second thought you would have anything but honorable intentions. Shake it off and go back to being yourself. Have a great weekend.

Joe

cordovacollector
06-26-2009, 04:40 PM
helen,

was this the 20/20 piece with barbara walters? i watched it and all three angels from charlies angels had breast cancer and they were all there for each other. then farrah fawcett had a second bout of cancer and what struck jacklyn smith, one of the other angels, was that miss fawcett was not afraid to battle against cancer again. she was so brave. my admiration goes out to those who battle against cancer and for those who are part of a recovery support system for a cancer patient.

joel

Joel ~ Thank you for regaining the dignity of the thread. The piece Barbra Walters did last night was a tribute she had filmed last week and they planned to air last night. At the last minute she had to edit because Farrah had died.

Farrah's Story is a two hour documentary Farrah did during her journey. It was shown about a month or two ago on NBC, I think. Hopefully, someone will rerun it. Thanks for your interest in it. Not many have the courage to walk along side on the journey, no less make a documentary while going through it. I thank you for having the courage to watch and support.

Capital-Sports
06-26-2009, 08:22 PM
If anyone is interested Farrah's Story is on NBC right now!

3arod13
06-26-2009, 08:39 PM

Must have been very difficult going through what she has with her illness, and documenting it throughout.

Felt so bad for her watching her go through that. She was definately determined and a strong individual.

Vintagedeputy
06-26-2009, 09:30 PM
Sometimes here, some of you guys act like idiots.......

I feel better now.

suicide_squeeze
06-26-2009, 11:26 PM

Amen, Tony.

I was warned when I came here about it, and never did I realize how true it was. This place just breeds insensitivity and rudeness. Sad....it could be so different.

Brian.....you came out of left field and attacked a decent guy here. Why? What in the world would give you a reason to conclude Tony was trying to "bank" off of this thread, or by what he posted? Absolutely rediculous.

If you want to "go after" someone here....just wait until a valid opportunity arises. Trust me, it will. There are some serious criminals among us here.....every once in awhile they rear their ugly heads. That's when an "attack" would be appropriate. Not when we are truly grieving over an icon from our lives, our "era".....not when we are so painfully reminded just how short life is.

cordovacollector
06-27-2009, 01:30 AM

That's great, Mark! I'm glad you posted it that it was on tonight. I have it saved on my DVR so have watched it a couple times. It really does show everyone else how hard it is to go through what we go through ... you really can't know what chemo does until it is you. I've said to my friends that cancer won't likely kill me but chemo might!

Thanks again, buddy!

cordovacollector
06-27-2009, 01:32 AM
Thanks to all of you guys that watched it. Yeah, it was hard to believe that of the three Charlie's Angels they all got cancer.

dcrules01
06-27-2009, 07:20 AM
It brings back memories of my father who passed away from brain and lung cancer in 01.I remember what chemo did to him.He was very active during his life even after he was diagnosed to a certain degree.But once he started going through chemo everything changed and I was saddened to see first hand how bad cancer really is.To me anyone that keeps fighting the disease is an inspiration.I watched her special it is very true time is short for all of us.Even if you live to be 80 in the grand scheme of things that is not long at all.Good Luck Cordovacollector I wish you well and hope for a speedy recovery.

skyking26
06-27-2009, 08:24 AM
My mother was shopping at age 49 and collapsed (1990). She was in a coma 2 weeks all the while the doc said it was congestive heart failure and begged us to pull the plug. We did not, she came out of it and struggled for 2 years in and out of the hospitals. Because she had no oxygen to brain for 12-18 minutes, she was in total confusion and anger. It was a 2 year living hell for my mother, who did nothing but do for others her entire life.

There were few moments that were positive there in that time, other than the knowledge that I had that time to stay close and be there, returning everything she had done for me. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her, or am saddened by the fact that she never met my wife or 2 children and then do not have her in their lives...

Whether congestive heart failure, cancer, accidents, etc., we are all here for a blink of an eye, some less. Cherish the time. The only thing that pulled me thru that time was meeting my wife and having my 2 children. That was my salvation, and at least I have 3...not sure what my mom's was as she was cheated out of life as so many others are and I won't forget it. Am I bitter..........you bet.

Robert Koppel