PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know of anyway to dry sticky pine tar?

newyork2
06-25-2009, 08:16 PM
This may like a slightly odd post but I have a bat that has pine tar which is still sticky. This doesnt seem like a problem, but I like to display my bats openly and I dont want dust to stick to the tar. Any ideas of how I could dry out the pine tar some what quickly?

spartakid
06-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Maybe a blowdryer? Never tried it before or had this problem, but it seems like it may work.

Vintagedeputy
06-25-2009, 09:10 PM
I try to keep mine sticky. Put them in a bat tube.

skinsfan0521
06-26-2009, 08:16 AM
I'd also be interested to know the answer to this. I just got my first couple bats that I want to display, but they're both sticky and I want to display them openly w/o any cases, but am afraid to because of all the dust getting attached to them.

Anybody have a solution for this?

-Brian

newyork2
06-26-2009, 08:27 AM
I was thinking maybe leaving it outside in the sun for awhile or a blow dryer? I think a blow dryer may take a while as a already gave that a little try.

bigtruck260
06-26-2009, 11:00 AM
I live in a house with 3 long haired cats and 2 kids - so there is all kinds of stuff floating in the air - thankfully, we are not smokers.

Several bats that I owned in the past accumulated hair and other small stuff in the sticky pine tar - so bats that have it go directly into an air-tight case until dried - about a year or so on some...others take MUCH longer. In fact, I have a bat from the mid-90's that still has tack to it.