PDA

View Full Version : Outstanding problems with midwestfan09?

godwulf
06-27-2009, 11:23 PM
A two-part question, really. First, is JT one of those members recently suspended? Second, did everyone finally get their items from him? Any unreceived items or other problems still outstanding?

Mr.3000
06-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Not sure if you were only looking for a response from a mod. But to part 1, yes he is suspended. I could give an educated guess to answer part 2, but I do not know for sure.

cordovacollector
06-28-2009, 02:41 PM
1. Did I get all the items I had purchased? No.

2. Did I have to file claims on PayPal in order to get anything at all? Yes.

3. Did he, as a matter of course, lie? Always.

4. His last promise was to send the ball, and a gift bat, and send the refund. Did I receive them? Yes and no. Got the PayPal refund but I would have gotten that from PayPal regardless.

5. Is he suspended? That is what he told me. I don't know how we can tell if that is the case, sometimes by a user's name I have seen "banned" but last time I looked it didn't say anything like that on either of his user IDs.

6. Do I suspect he and others are back on here with the abundance of new IDs lately that have the same styles and misspellings? I suspect so.

7. Will I post their IDs or send them to admin? No. Not after the last time I got slammed on the forum and in personal email.

8. The only way to get him to cooperate is to start a PayPal claim, if it is not too late.

9. If you still have trouble with MidwestFan09 or his earlier ID, feel free to email me as I have a contact phone number that may be successful.

suicide_squeeze
06-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Do any of you know what his real name is? I would like to know.

Thank you,

Steve

SkubeBats
06-28-2009, 04:22 PM
His name is James Toler from Racine, Wisconsin. I still haven't received my LOA for a jersey I bought from him 3 months ago. I was able to get a hold of him 3 weeks ago and he told me it would be sent out the next day and still no LOA. I'm so glad he isn't on here anymore!! It's jerks like this that wreck it for the rest of us.

suicide_squeeze
06-29-2009, 09:34 AM
His name is James Toler from Racine, Wisconsin. I still haven't received my LOA for a jersey I bought from him 3 months ago. I was able to get a hold of him 3 weeks ago and he told me it would be sent out the next day and still no LOA. I'm so glad he isn't on here anymore!! It's jerks like this that wreck it for the rest of us.

Everyone take note?

Thank you Jamie. This is what happens when you do things wrong, James.

Yankeesfan09
06-29-2009, 09:40 AM
1. Did I get all the items I had purchased? No.

2. Did I have to file claims on PayPal in order to get anything at all? Yes.

3. Did he, as a matter of course, lie? Always.

4. His last promise was to send the ball, and a gift bat, and send the refund. Did I receive them? Yes and no. Got the PayPal refund but I would have gotten that from PayPal regardless.

5. Is he suspended? That is what he told me. I don't know how we can tell if that is the case, sometimes by a user's name I have seen "banned" but last time I looked it didn't say anything like that on either of his user IDs.

6. Do I suspect he and others are back on here with the abundance of new IDs lately that have the same styles and misspellings? I suspect so.

7. Will I post their IDs or send them to admin? No. Not after the last time I got slammed on the forum and in personal email.

8. The only way to get him to cooperate is to start a PayPal claim, if it is not too late.

9. If you still have trouble with MidwestFan09 or his earlier ID, feel free to email me as I have a contact phone number that may be successful.

I hope you still dont think I have any affiliation with that guy.

sportscentury
06-29-2009, 12:25 PM
I hope you still dont think I have any affiliation with that guy.

The reason people took issue with your behavior was because you jumped the gun and wrongfully called out Yankeesfan09. So please don't get it twisted.

No one has a problem with you calling out this Toler clown. In fact, it seems like people would really appreciate the help. Don't compound the false positive by holding back information about the true positive.

godwulf
06-30-2009, 11:18 PM
I actually began this thread because J.T. was offering to sell a couple of bats to me that I really want, and I was debating about whether to send him the money and hope for the best, or not to.

I finally wrote him back and, as politely and diplomatically as possible, told him about my qualms and concerns, and asked him if - under the circumstances - he would consider sending me the two bats, and that I would PayPal him the price he was asking the minute I had them in hand.

I directed him to my eBay feedback, and even gave him the email address of a personal reference - the local media guy I've been getting bats from for the past ten years.

That was two days ago, with no response, so I guess he didn't think too much of the idea.

Mr.3000
06-30-2009, 11:24 PM
I actually began this thread because J.T. was offering to sell a couple of bats to me that I really want, and I was debating about whether to send him the money and hope for the best, or not to.

I finally wrote him back and, as politely and diplomatically as possible, told him about my qualms and concerns, and asked him if - under the circumstances - he would consider sending me the two bats, and that I would PayPal him the price he was asking the minute I had them in hand.

I directed him to my eBay feedback, and even gave him the email address of a personal reference - the local media guy I've been getting bats from for the past ten years.

That was two days ago, with no response, so I guess he didn't think too much of the idea.

Your best bet is to avoid doing any sort of business with him at all.