PDA

View Full Version : Is it really worth that much?

karamaxjoe
06-28-2009, 01:22 PM
If you're looking to complete your 2005 White Sox bat collection, here's a gem that's gonna cost a lot. This bat is a great example of game used economics - very short supply and very high demand. His Expos or Astros bats can be had for a fraction of the price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270416316697

bigtruck260
06-28-2009, 07:41 PM
Somewhere there is a collector of the 2006 Cardinals team that spent more than $500 on a Mark Mulder bat...

You are right - supply and demand apply.

Dewey2007
06-29-2009, 10:23 AM
Anyone know what happened to the Blum White Sox bat? It seems to have disappeared off eBay without a trace along with all of the seller's other bats.

I wanted to see how much that bad boy was going to go for.

grenda12
06-29-2009, 10:49 AM
Anyone know what happened to the Blum White Sox bat? It seems to have disappeared off eBay without a trace along with all of the seller's other bats.

I wanted to see how much that bad boy was going to go for.

I was wondering that myself. Received the email this morning on it.

Dewey2007
06-29-2009, 10:51 AM
I was wondering that myself. Received the email this morning on it.

What did the email say?

grenda12
06-29-2009, 10:54 AM
What did the email say?

Just the typical item removal email from eBay.

We're writing to let you know that the following listing for an item you bid on has been removed.

270416316697 - GEOFF BLUM GAME-USED LOUISVILLE M9 MAPLE BAT WHITE SOX

The listing was removed because it was in violation of eBay policy, so you are not required to complete the purchase. Because of privacy concerns, we can't share more details.

If the seller corrects the problem and relists the item, you are welcome to bid on it again at that time.

For more information on eBay policy, please go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/rules_policies.html

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

H3591

salukidave
06-30-2009, 12:22 AM
I suspect someone made a deal off eBay for the bat, though the seller replied to me that he didn't want to do that. Maybe someone gave him an offer that he didn't refuse.

Blum Sox bats are pretty rare, but they're out there. I saw two or three at a small hobby-store signing that he did last season.

I was interested in the Sox bat, but probably wasn't going to go too high. I have an Old Hickory bat of Blum's without a team on it. The seller told me he obtained it in the spring of '06. That's good enough for me. I can even think that maybe he used the bat at the end of '05 and brought it to spring training the following year.

I also have a Blum St. Patrick's uniform with the green pinstripes from '05. He even played in the game, and the pants have plenty of dirt on them from a slide. It's obvious the uniform was never washed. It has an authenticated autograph, too. Got the uniform at the '06 Garage Sale at the park.

Now, what happened to that eBay bat?