PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on my possible first MLB photo matched item?

Jags Fan Dan
06-29-2009, 04:42 PM
I know this one is tough, not many photos of Hanigan when he first got called up in 2007. Opinions please?

otismalibu
06-29-2009, 04:47 PM
I'd say that the first and last letter in his name being sewn on too high, would be easier to match. ;)

LastingsMilledge85
06-29-2009, 04:50 PM
YOu might have something by looking at the first and last letter of his name on the jersey. You also have to figure that there probably weren't many home jerseys made for him in 2007 because I don't think he played much, but I'm not sure on the amount of his playing time. I must say though that those Reds jerseys are sharp.

Jags Fan Dan
06-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Ok guys, better photo results are here. I am tickled because I think it is a match. By the way, he only played in 5 games in 2007! The photo of him in the jersey is from 9/29/07.

otismalibu
06-29-2009, 05:06 PM
The NOB looks to match even though I can only see the bottom of a few letters. Based the pic, the name wasn't really sewn on very carefully (no offense), so you can easily compare spacing and the letters that fall higher/lower than the one/s beside.

IMO.

Hey, if I'm wrong...too bad. All sales are final and I only accept cash.

Jags Fan Dan
06-29-2009, 05:15 PM
Whoops. Here are the pics.

kylehess10
06-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Do you have a picture of the jersey while you're holding it up? The NOB looks too scrunched together so it would be easier to see if you were holding it up.

Jags Fan Dan
06-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Do you have a picture of the jersey while you're holding it up? The NOB looks too scrunched together so it would be easier to see if you were holding it up.
Is this better? I spread it out as far as you can without pulling on it.

AWA85
06-29-2009, 07:33 PM
Dan, where did you pick up that jersey? Very nice jersey.

Jags Fan Dan
06-29-2009, 07:34 PM
I got it from a guy here local in Cincinnati. He is a retired guy, and he has a lot of Reds stuff, he gets almost all of it from Reds fest from what I understand.

kylehess10
06-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Looks like a perfect match to me. I love photomatching when it comes to loose stitching....it just makes it more unique

Jags Fan Dan
06-29-2009, 07:46 PM
Looks like a perfect match to me. I love photomatching when it comes to loose stitching....it just makes it more unique
Kyle,

You and your Braves hat was the first instance of photo matching that way that I ever saw (was it Andruw Jones or Hunter or who was that hat???) and it fascinated me and really was the inspiration for this match.

kylehess10
06-29-2009, 07:51 PM
Kyle,

You and your Braves hat was the first instance of photo matching that way that I ever saw (was it Andruw Jones or Hunter or who was that hat???) and it fascinated me and really was the inspiration for this match.

It was actually Daryle Ward. He only played a month for the Braves so with equipment like your jersey and my hat (as well as Ward's jersey that I have), photomatching can be made more easier if the player didn't spend that much time on the team.