Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justinlm24
    • Mar 2006

e-bay deal question

I don't know what the deal is with people these days, but it never ceases to amaze me. Ok I sold a bat on e-bay nearly a month ago. Buyer paid with paypal, and bat was sent out. He got it and said everything looked good. I recieved an e-mail from him several days ago saying he sent the bat out for authentication to psa/dna and they would not authenticate it. Now he is wanting a refund. I exchanged e-mails with john taube and he said the bat was authentic, and may very well have been used by the player, but he couldn't attribute all the use to the player. Therefore he wasn't going to authenticate it. The buyer claims to have spoken with paypal and they told him he was owed a refund. However I called and spoke with someone at paypal and they told me I am not obligated to issue a refund. The buyer is trying to claim the item was not as described, when in fact it was. Taube never said the bat was never used by the player. Whats the right thing to do in this case?
  • Jags Fan Dan
    • Apr 2007

Re: e-bay deal question

Did you guarantee the bat to pass authentication? It sounds like the fact that Taube won't authenticate it doesn't mean it is not authentic. I say you do not owe a refund unless you made an explicit guarantee that it would pass PSA/DNA cert.

Comment

• eisenreich8
      • Jun 2007

If you would post the eBay auction number here there are those of us who would like to assist you, I am sure.

Comment

• Lokee
        Banned
        • May 2008

he has 45 days to make a claim through paypal. Did he leave you a positive ? If he did your chances would be better winning the paypal case. If not 99.9% of the time paypal will grant the buyer a refund pending his return of the item to you.

Comment

• justinlm24
          • Mar 2006

only thing I said in the auction was.."I bought this bat from a reputable dealer, and is guranteed authentic." Nothing about guaranteeing it to pass any authentication process. No he never left me any feedback, just got an e-mail that he recieved the bat and that it looked good. That in my mind tells me he certified that the bat was as described in the listing. Only way I'll issue a refund is if paypal makes me. We shall see.......

Comment

• ndevlin
            • Mar 2008

You put "John Doe game used bat" in the title and the description? Guaranteed it to be authentic, I send it in to get authenticated and I cant. Is that right?

Im not saying you are wrong, but if I bought a bat that was guaranteed authentic, and I then sent it in for authentication, and they wont do it for whatever reason, Id be a little upset too.

Comment

• Mauer7
              Banned
              • Oct 2008

Didnt you have another problem with a different bat with a forum member? Maybe its you, and not the buyers? Possible?

Comment

• earlywynnfan
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by ndevlin
                You put "John Doe game used bat" in the title and the description? Guaranteed it to be authentic, I send it in to get authenticated and I cant. Is that right?

Im not saying you are wrong, but if I bought a bat that was guaranteed authentic, and I then sent it in for authentication, and they wont do it for whatever reason, Id be a little upset too.
                Ditto. How would you feel if you were the buyer? If this is the scenario, I say do the right thing and refund the $$.

Ken
                earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Comment

• justinlm24
                  • Mar 2006

yea i had a little conflict with a forum member. but we worked that out. and it was not over the authenticity of the batl but simply there being a crack. like i said that was resolved. in this case the buyer simply doesnt want the bat. having what some call buyers remorse and simply wants a refund. this bat is authentic...as john taube told me in his e-mail. so my guarantee was correct. just because some other player may have also used the bat...which i was unaware of is not my problem. the bat is still game used by the player i said it was. its pretty simple. i have a 100% feedback rating on e-bay and have sold a couple items on here without incident. so no...its not me. people buy things then want to change their mind after the fact. i simply do not get it....

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by earlywynnfan
                    Ditto. How would you feel if you were the buyer? If this is the scenario, I say do the right thing and refund the $$.

Ken
                    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Got to disagree here. Let me see if I understand the facts....

1) The buyer had plenty of time to review the item and do his research.

2) The seller said that the bat was "guranteed authentic". That is his word that it is authentic. He did not state that anyone else (authenticator) who laid eyes on it would also agree. Experts have been proven wrong.

3) The buyer sent an email saying that it looked good, meaning that he was satisfied with the bat. He only became unhappy when Taube wouldnt issue a letter?

4) Taube said that the bat was authentic but that he couldnt attribute ALL of the use to that player.

if that's all true, then I say tell the buyer to go pound salt. just my .02

Comment

• ndevlin
                      • Mar 2008

I dunno. To me, when you guarantee an item 100% authentic, I dont see why a person shouldnt be able to get it authenticated by Mears/PSA and have it come back fine. If Taube couldnt authenticate the bat, for any reason, well, that tells me the bat wasnt a 100% game used bat by John Doe.

Like I said, I guess its still a 100% authentic John Doe bat. But its still not 100% game used by John Doe, which Im sure thats how you had it listed. And it looks as though why Taube wouldnt "authenticate" it.

Comment

• justinlm24
                        • Mar 2006

vintage, yes those are the exact facts.....i just dont get it. like u said, this was a 7 day auction. he had ample time to research the item...and decide if he wanted to bid or not. i even offered him e-mail addresses to other buyers who are interested in the bat if he wanted to sell it to get his money back. but he wasnt interested. what made it worse was he lied to me about what taube said. he tried to tell me at first that taube said the bat was a fake. but in johns reply he said that he never told him that. ya know maybe had the buyer been honest with me that he didnt want the bat i woulda gave him a refund. but dont lie to make it look like i ripped him off then expect a favor....thanks to all for the insight and your thoughts.....

Comment

• vonbrandingo
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by justinlm24
                          yea i had a little conflict with a forum member. but we worked that out. and it was not over the authenticity of the batl but simply there being a crack. i have a 100% feedback rating on e-bay and have sold a couple items on here without incident. so no...its not me. people buy things then want to change their mind after the fact. i simply do not get it....
                          Your statement about your ebay feedback rating is untrue. Your ebay id is paytonlm and your feedback rating is 83.3%. I was the winning bidder (legacyblue1) on ebay of the Dunn bat that you make reference to about being cracked but was stated as uncracked in the ebay item description when you sold it. After I won the ebay auction you refunded my money saying that you got an offer for 250 for the Dunn bat off of ebay and accepted it. I then find out through this forum that you sold the Dunn bat for 200, not 250. Shortly after, I saw you received a negative for another item you sold, don't know what that item was because you made your ebay id private.

Comment

• justinlm24
                            • Mar 2006

you really ought to get your facts straight before coming on here untrue accusations. i sold the dunn for $250. minus $40 i refunded him to resolve his dispute. you do the math....as far as my ebay being set to private....i done that upon request of e-bay while they investigate the negative left by papasulu....long story so i wont go into that....so please don.t come on here trying to spread untrue information. i was upfront and honest with you, and refunded your money immediately! so tell the whole story...not just your side of it.....geez the audacity of some people....

Comment

• justinlm24
                              • Mar 2006

as you see i do not use e-bay that much and fairly new to it as well. the one negative stems from an honest mistake when i sent a 2nd chance offer on the wrong item. this guy paid and as soon as i noticed my mistake i refunded his money and explained this to him. he answered by threatening me to sell him the item or he would leave negative feedback. which is a violation of the ebay feedback policy. so yea my feedback will be 100% as soon as it gets removed. which i fully expect it to. but honestly as little as i use ebay it doesnt really matter to me if it gets taken off or not. but feel free to check my other feedback however...all positive. also feel free to ask the forum members here who have bought my items as well. all satisfied. im an honest guy and not looking to rip anyone off. nor would i....so keep reaching....

Comment

Working...