PDA

View Full Version : Tucson Toros jersey

f15ekeeper
06-30-2009, 10:55 PM
Hello, I am in need of assistance to determine who might have worn this jersey. I have had several over the years, but I have held on to this one because I believe it was from the 1993 PCL Championship winning season, and appropriately has the number 1 on the back along with the 25th anniversary patch on the left sleeve. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

DantleyHOF
07-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Hi f15ekeeper,

I have two 1993 Tucson Toros rosters. One from opening day and the other from 9/08/93 and no uniform number 1. I had a 1993 Tucson Toros road gray jersey with the 25 year patch. AIS was the brand not Goodman & Sons. Toros could of used Goodman & Sons for Home games and Road games AIS in 1993. Triple A players get sent up and down so many times. Try emailing the library in Arizona maybe they can pull up some old newspapers. B.F.

f15ekeeper
07-03-2009, 04:51 PM
I just e-mailed the Toros, and maybe they can give me some insight. I should have thought of that sooner....:eek:

DantleyHOF
07-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Hi,

Just letting you know. Thats not the same Tucson Toros baseball team you just emailed. The one you emailed is from the Golden Baseball League (Independent league) and not the Toros Pacific Coast League (AAA). The Toros may not have anything to help you. Suggestion. Try finding a Toros game program, minor league team sets, or email the Pacific Coast League league office. B.F.

f15ekeeper
07-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Darn, just when I thought I was on to something.... LOL I knew they came back as independent, I was thinking they were one in the same... Thanks for the info.. -Frank:D

xpress34
07-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Here is a link to the 1994 Tucson Toros Roster - but no jersey #'s - from The Baseball Cube:

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/rosters/1994/10415.shtml

- Chris

f15ekeeper
07-12-2009, 02:04 PM
I talked to a someone in the front offices on Friday. He told me to call back on Thursday and talk to another person. According to him, this guy is supposed to be the "all knowing one" for stuff like this. He also said that they probably have already gotten rid of anything like rosters and old equipment OR that it may be in storage. When I asked if they were going to sell their g/u jerseys, he stated that they would have to get at least 2-3 seasons out of them before they would sell anything. I guess I'll try back on Thrusday and see if I get lucky or not.....:o

DantleyHOF
07-18-2009, 10:50 AM
f15ekeeper,

Did you hear back from the Toros expert on who worn number 1? Do you have any other Toros player jerseys besides the number 1? Keep me posted. B.F.

f15ekeeper
07-18-2009, 05:33 PM
I spoke with him on Thursday, he was very nice and professional. After I sent him the photos while talking to him on the phone, he was very interested in the jersey as he said he could display this jersey in the front offices. He didn't know who wore this jersey, and he said he would have to research it. He said he had several newer and older jerseys in his office and asked if I would be interseted in a trade. I told him I might be interested in a trade for another jersey and perhaps a hat IF he could find one, and I wasn't about to push my luck. This guy was going WAY out of his way to accomodate me. After a few emails and phone calls, he said he had a jersey in the size I was looking for with the # 40 on it. He is supposed to be sending me something, I have no idea if its a newer or older one. I didn't get any pics from him, but he's sending his to me first. Maybe I'll get it this week sometime. I would like to say that he was a class act and was a real pleasure to deal with. I plan on staying in contact with him and if I ever get back to Tuscon, I plan on looking him up. When I get the package I'll let you all know and I'll post pictures. It's almost like Christmas in July! LOL.

As far as having anything else of the Toros, this is the last item I have, but I'm always on the lookout for more.

cjosefy
07-24-2009, 03:59 PM
Nice jersey. I looked at my 1993 Toros program and 1993 media guide, but could not find a #1. Here is a 1993 TBTC jersey worn on July 23, 1993:

http://www.tonyeusebio.com/images/1993_Tony_Eusebio_Tucson_Toros_TBTC_Front.JPG
http://www.tonyeusebio.com/images/1993_Tony_Eusebio_Tucson_Toros_TBTC_Back.JPG
http://www.tonyeusebio.com/images/1993_Tony_Eusebio_Tucson_Toros_TBTC_Patch.JPG

f15ekeeper
07-26-2009, 12:24 AM
Well, its Saturday night and I still haven't seen or heard anything yet. Although I don't know how he was going to send it, I would have thought by now he would have at least sent me an email saying he sent it. I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt and I will continue waiting, (maybe he's to busy?....) we'll see. If, and when I get anything, I'll let y'all know. Man, just when I thought people would keep their word.... I may just sell this one and get one from their Team Shop......

f15ekeeper
08-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Okay, I FINALLY got the jersey... It appears to be from 2005 when the Tucson SIDEWINDERS had Toros Night.... Has the number 40 on the front in the bottom left side and on the back. Has the MiLB logo on the back collar, and made by Rawlings. I don't know who might have worn it, he didn't know off hand, though I am curious. Looks real similar to mine. Looks like this one:
http://www.minorleaguewatch.com/images/jkroege1.jpg

I'll post pics of it later tonight... Should I go for the trade?... Don't know for sure yet.. I probably will. Opinions? Thanks everyone!

jppopma
08-09-2009, 12:18 AM
If it has the MiLB logo on the back, it is likely from the old Toros before they folded. Moreso near the end as they have not worn the MiLB logos for many years. (Sorry, I'm not up on the team or just what year they folded).

I doubt it is a throwback from the new GBL team. Since the GBL is an independant league, they would not have the MiLB logo on their items.

As for the trade, the guy seems genuine and the trade seems fair. I don't see one jersey being worth more than the next, unless or until you figure out who wore each. The odds are the same for either one to be someone who made the bigs, so it should be a wash. The only bonus on your's is the 25th Ann. patch...but if you can get some other's from this guy and good deals in the future, it may be worth it in the long run. Good luck!

DantleyHOF
08-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Hi f15,

Did you get the jersey? It is all about the Milb patch or it could of been taken off. You can look at the tags is important. If its a Goodman, Rawlings etc. Your number 1 jersey could of been a player who played only a few games. Checking my opening day roster and playoff rosters. I couldn't locate a uniform number 1. Can you send me a picture of what you got from him? Email me at Sureway321@aol.com. Thanks B.F.

f15ekeeper
08-16-2009, 09:05 AM
Here are a few pics of what he sent me... (the jersey on the left)... He also said that he could hook me up with some present Toros items as they come available. I think that just knowing someone that could help me out in the future makes this trade worth it.... I guess I can say that I have my foot in the door now. :D