PDA

View Full Version : Game Issued one day becaome game used

ziggy
07-01-2009, 07:31 PM
The game issued jersey is somewhat of a new thing in jerseys...Pre mid 1990s I dont think teams really had that many backups for players...Correct me if I am worng. Most players were only issued a couple of jerseys for the season and they were used, repaired, etc....Now that we have a lot of gmae issued jerseys ( made for a player but not used ) in the collectible market, what does the future hold for them? In 20, 30, 50 years from now will they be sold as Game Issued not worn or will they eventually be called game worn as they have changed hands many times and the history of the piece has been lost over time? Just something I was thinking about.

Just wanted to see what other peoples thoughts were regarding the future of game used/issued jerseys and how time will treat them?

Mr.3000
07-01-2009, 07:58 PM
The game issued jersey is somewhat of a new thing in jerseys...Pre mid 1990s I dont think teams really had that many backups for players...Correct me if I am worng. Most players were only issued a couple of jerseys for the season and they were used, repaired, etc....Now that we have a lot of gmae issued jerseys ( made for a player but not used ) in the collectible market, what does the future hold for them? In 20, 30, 50 years from now will they be sold as Game Issued not worn or will they eventually be called game worn as they have changed hands many times and the history of the piece has been lost over time? Just something I was thinking about.

Just wanted to see what other peoples thoughts were regarding the future of game used/issued jerseys and how time will treat them?

Great point. And this is specifically why I look for a dirty (actually, a FILTHY! lol) jersey. It helps considerably in photomatching and leaves little to no doubt about the jersey actually being game USED. Not game ISSUED and being passed off as used.