PDA

View Full Version : How much would you pay for ...?

Mr.3000
07-02-2009, 09:24 PM
How much would you pay.....OR....what's a decent price for a game used, Grand Slam baseball of your favorite player?

Just looking for opinions here.

Thanks

godwulf
07-02-2009, 09:36 PM
How much would you pay.....OR....what's a decent price for a game used, Grand Slam baseball of your favorite player?

Just looking for opinions here.

Thanks

I would imagine that the answer is probably going to vary mainly according to how much disposable income the answerer normally has to invest in his collection/hobby, don't you?

Me, on a good day I'd probably pay upwards of $200 for a Matt Williams grand slam ball...maybe a little more.

Mr.3000
07-02-2009, 09:45 PM
I would imagine that the answer is probably going to vary mainly according to how much disposable income the answerer normally has to invest in his collection/hobby, don't you?

Me, on a good day I'd probably pay upwards of $200 for a Matt Williams grand slam ball...maybe a little more.

I agree. I am hoping to get a wide variety of responses so that I could gauge what would be a decent price to pay. Nobody wants to overpay.

Seller offered one to me for $950. I think price is too high, but I wanted to cross reference with others opinions. I mean....a grand slam ball? Not easy to come by.

skyking26
07-02-2009, 09:55 PM
I agree. I am hoping to get a wide variety of responses so that I could gauge what would be a decent price to pay. Nobody wants to overpay.

Seller offered one to me for $950. I think price is too high, but I wanted to cross reference with others opinions. I mean....a grand slam ball? Not easy to come by.
$950? Guy's nuts and I don't care who the player is...

Mr.3000
07-02-2009, 10:21 PM
try half his max which is $600 but I think you will end with it at $750. Good luck.

Thanks Joel, Sky & god.

Kid4hof03
07-02-2009, 10:39 PM
I paid $275 for a Ron Gant grand slam ball. I normally would not have paid that much but it did have an LOA from the Reds as well as being signed by Gant, made it a bit more interesting to me than buying it from someone that happened to catch it in the stands.

Righteousmike
07-03-2009, 01:20 AM
Wow would not pay over $800 for a grand slam ball unless it was maybe Jeters career first or if it was a walk off grand slam ball of a decent player, signed and dated.

sox83cubs84
07-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Ballhawk.net got the Derrek Lee grannie at Wrigley Field Thursday night.

Dave M.
Chicago area