PDA

View Full Version : 10k For A Bobble Head......

TriplexXxSports
07-04-2009, 09:36 AM
Since when is anything from McDonalds worth 10K?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Limited-Edition-NFL-Brian-Urlacher-Bobble-Head_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZalgoQ3dLVIQ26ituQ 3dUCIQ26otnQ3d2Q26psQ3d5QQ_trksidZp3286Q2em7QQcate goryZ149375QQihZ016QQitemZ260440748041QQsalenotsup ported

AWA85
07-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Free shipping though...

Mr.3000
07-04-2009, 09:50 AM
...ever since some seller with (0) feedback decided to put his crack pipe down and foolishly think he will try and get one over on some unsuspecting collecting novice. Seldom ever works....but they (fools) keep trying new angles all the time.

Texans
07-04-2009, 10:16 AM
You got to get that TriplexXxSports for your Urlacher collection. lol

Jojo

jobathenut
07-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Like i said in another thread on here about a patriots football.Me and my brother always laugh and have a contest on guessing the feedback totals of the seller of items like this.And it's funny because it's always none or few feedbacks.It's like they are trolling for moron's who don't know the value of the item to bid on it.But come on even a moron would know it's not worth that.Does this seller seriously think it's worth that much? Sojmeone should contact the seller and ask if they ment to put it at $10.00.I would do it but i don't do ebay anymore.:)

sox83cubs84
07-04-2009, 06:44 PM
The "limited edition" isn't very limited. These nodders were offered at Chicago area McDonalds outlets, along with an Anthony Thomas nodder in a home uniform. If anything, the Thomas would go for a premium (though nothing even remotely approaching $10K), as the original supply was recalled, in part, due to complaints from African-American customers who were offended by the oversized lips on the Thomas nodder's head. Even those not offended had to admit it looked overly cartoonish.

Dave M.
Chicago area

TriplexXxSports
07-04-2009, 09:13 PM
You got to get that TriplexXxSports for your Urlacher collection. lol

Jojo

Haha, I have 6 urlacher's and 6 Thomas'. I think I paid $5 or $10 for each. They are not limited editions, and I could even sell the for what I paid.

The free shipping is a nice perk though.....some people, I tell ya.

TriplexXxSports
07-04-2009, 09:14 PM
The "limited edition" isn't very limited. These nodders were offered at Chicago area McDonalds outlets, along with an Anthony Thomas nodder in a home uniform. If anything, the Thomas would go for a premium (though nothing even remotely approaching $10K), as the original supply was recalled, in part, due to complaints from African-American customers who were offended by the oversized lips on the Thomas nodder's head. Even those not offended had to admit it looked overly cartoonish.

Dave M.
Chicago area

I did hear something about the lips on the Thomas, but they were re-called because the paint contained lead.

TriplexXxSports
07-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Haha, ......and I could even sell the for what I paid.

Meant to say - I couldn't even sell them for what I paid.

TriplexXxSports
07-05-2009, 07:26 AM
.....Sojmeone should contact the seller and ask if they ment to put it at $10.00.I would do it but i don't do ebay anymore.:)

Sounded like a good idea, so I e-mailed him this morning....

Hello,

I was looking to get your opinion on what warrants this piece to be valued at $10k?

I was also wondering where on this bobblehead does it claim that it is a Limited Edition, or did you just put that in your description?

Thanks in advance for your response,
-Matthew

I will let everyone know what I get as a response, if I do.

34swtns
07-05-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm betting if you even get a response it will be the usual amateurish, immature idiocy, such as......"I can price things however I want........it's none of your business.........if you don't want to bid then don't", etc., etc..

Idiots......they do actually serve a purpose. If not for them, how would we measure intelligence?