PDA

View Full Version : How much to pay for a Adam Dunn Nats jersey worth?

jdr3
07-04-2009, 07:14 PM
At todays Nats game their Dream Foundation auctioned off an Adam Dunn opening day game used jersey. The first bid was $250, the next was $300, then the next jumped to $1000. I didn't see what the winning bid was, but 1K is alot more than I would ever pay for a Dunn jersey.

ironmanfan
07-04-2009, 07:36 PM
charitable type auctions are not the venue to judge what a particular game used jersey is worth IMO.

skyking26
07-04-2009, 07:52 PM
I collect Dunn stuff. One thing I am still looking for is a jersey. Several have come my way but timing is always bad. In each instance, I've never seen a Dunn game used jersey go for much more than $400-500. He's surprisingly unpopular for a guy who hits 40 homers a year for 5 years.

You cannot judge a price by a charitable cause. Somebody with deep pockets just wanted to give. If buyer ever wants to move that Nats jersey, he'll be hard pressed to find a buyer outside the four hundred dollar mark.

RK

ironmanfan
07-06-2009, 07:53 AM
The Orioles held a charitable auction after the 1993 season and I knew I was in trouble when the very first item up for auction was a Brady Anderson game used home top from that year which eventually closed at $9000!

allstarsplus
07-06-2009, 08:18 AM
I collect Dunn stuff. One thing I am still looking for is a jersey. Several have come my way but timing is always bad. In each instance, I've never seen a Dunn game used jersey go for much more than $400-500. He's surprisingly unpopular for a guy who hits 40 homers a year for 5 years.

You cannot judge a price by a charitable cause. Somebody with deep pockets just wanted to give. If buyer ever wants to move that Nats jersey, he'll be hard pressed to find a buyer outside the four hundred dollar mark.

RK

I agree with most of what you said but there are scrub players of the Nats that sell for $400 and I know I could sell a Dunn gamer for at least $500+ if I can get a Dunn gamer in that price range. It is simply supply & demand and although I haven't sold a jersey of his yet his bats are selling for over $300!!!

Even though the team doesn't have a great record, it is a Washington DC team which has international appeal. The team doesn't issue many jerseys except to the Veteran players hence the jerseys do get a premium to other teams. I have 5 years experience with Nats items so it definitely was not a temporary trend of a new team.

The team had a regular season Adam Dunn hologram'd home gamer (unsigned) from this season. The price was $750 so I was hesitant and passed on it.

Now that he has a chance of being in rare company in Home Runs it is time he gets respect and really is worth those prices as so many lesser players exceed those type of prices.

If offered any Dunn gamers in the future closer to $500, I will probably buy them as there aren't any of his Nationals jerseys out there and then see what they are really worth. ;)

ironmanfan
07-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Dunn may be the first player in MLB history with more Home Runs than his club has wins......

allstarsplus
07-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Dunn may be the first player in MLB history with more Home Runs than his club has wins......

And the Orioles who were a 1960's, 70's and 80's contender and World Series champs and have been a pretender and chumps ever since so what is your point?

Mr.3000
07-06-2009, 02:53 PM

LOL :D

allstarsplus
07-06-2009, 03:00 PM
LOL :D

Does this have anything to do with a Game Used discussion or is it a bunch of frustrated guys that can feel better by crapping on someone else's team?

The Orioles are in last place and I think Mr. 3000 is a Detroit Lions fan. OUCH

Mr.3000
07-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Does this have anything to do with a Game Used discussion or is it a bunch of frustrated guys that can feel better by crapping on someone else's team?

The Orioles are in last place and I think Mr. 3000 is a Detroit Lions fan. OUCH

Wow. Are you over sensitive? Seriously. You may have your opinion and disagree with my 2 recent threads....but I do not have anything against you for that. That's the funny thing about being an adult I look past certain things and can still interact with people without holding a grudge.

No, this has nothing to do with any other thread. I found the comment funny. I'm actually a huge fan of Zimmerman and Zimmermann...and a few Nat minor leaguers.

There are programs, I'm sure for people that take their sports and their sports teams TOO seriously. (JOKING, in case you mised the humor).

Secondly, I am a NY Giant fan. Not a Det. Lion fan. Don't assume so quickly.

allstarsplus
07-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Wow. Are you over sensitive? Seriously. You may have your opinion and disagree with my 2 recent threads....but I do not have anything against you for that. That's the funny thing about being an adult I look past certain things and can still interact with people without holding a grudge.

No, this has nothing to do with any other thread. I found the comment funny. I'm actually a huge fan of Zimmerman and Zimmermann...and a few Nat minor leaguers.

There are programs, I'm sure for people that take their sports and their sports teams TOO seriously. (JOKING, in case you mised the humor).

Secondly, I am a NY Giant fan. Not a Det. Lion fan. Don't assume so quickly.Adult?

It all was funny until you sent VintageDeputy a private email telling him you were going to kick his ass and to meet you on Greenbriar Preserve in Maryland which is my address. Very funny. It took Jim a second or 2 before he realized he was being punked and you sent him my address.

Is that funny or just ridiculous?

I am sure when Chris Cavalier reads what you sent Jim you will be suspended.

So funny, NO.