Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gameused fan
    • Aug 2008

I beg for your help on photmatch Curtis Granderson uni

I was the lucky winner (if you can say that in this economy) of a Curtis Granderson turn back the clock uniform used on June 14, 2009 against the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Only problem? I can't seem to find a picture of Granderson from that day. Not at the Detroit Free Press homepage or that of Getty, etc. Anybody have a clue where one might be? I mean, there has to be one!

Thanks for any possible help.
  • skyking26
    • Dec 2005

Re: I beg for your help on photmatch Curtis Granderson uni

If you bought it from Himelstein and the Tigers...you are set. No need for pictures.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• gameused fan
      • Aug 2008

I hear you, Skyking. And very true.

I actually won it from the Pirates MLB auctions, and just want a picture to be able to display with the uniform. It always looks cool like that.

Comment

• jppopma
        • Mar 2006

I won a couple of these jerseys from the 1st round on MLB.com. I also looked and see that there is nothing on Getty (maybe they will post some later), and on MLB there were only a couple pictures but they were mostly of Willis.

You may want to check with the Pirates or maybe one of the newpapers in Pittsburgh. Hopefully they will have something for you. If they do, let me know so I can check on mine as well (both Mags and Galaraga did not play, but there should be some pregame or dugout pictures).

Comment

• mattmueller
          • Dec 2007

Although not what you are probably looking for in terms of quality / resolution, here are some pulled from the (allegedly) HD broadcast of the game via MLB.Tv
          Attached Files
          email is matmuell at umich.edu

Comment

• mattmueller
            • Dec 2007

Wow, those really are not very good quality at all. I didn't have very good video quality when I copied them out, so maybe they can get a little better. Perhaps I can give it another try later. Those were the best shots I think you could get, if you crop out the scoreboard etc.

Comment

• gameused fan
              • Aug 2008

Mr. Mueller,

Thank you very, very much. I LITERALLY could not find anything on Curtis Granderson. So while you might think these weren't great, they are awesome to me.

I appreciate you taking the time to help out, when you didn't have to.

Thanks again!

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                • Oct 2005

Looks like there is an unusual thread spot on the lower left of the 8...does that match up?

Comment

• kylehess10
                  • Feb 2006

Here's a few good screenshots I got:

kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
                  http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• mattmueller
                    • Dec 2007

No problem. The resolution Kyle got was was more what I was expecting. Apparently there was a anti-virus patch running yesterday on our work IT system that was causing issues with streaming video.

Comment

• gameused fan
                      • Aug 2008

Thanks to both of you! You guys rock. This has been a HUGE help.

Comment

• kylehess10
                        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by mattmueller
                        No problem. The resolution Kyle got was was more what I was expecting. Apparently there was a anti-virus patch running yesterday on our work IT system that was causing issues with streaming video.

Do you use nexdef? You have to put it all the way up to the highest quality available to get resolution like the screenshots I posted. I always put on nexdef then then click on the highest bar for quality. It slows your computer down though.
                        kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
                        http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• skipcarayislegend
                          • Apr 2008

Slightly off topic, but those Tiger throwbacks are absolutely awesome.

Comment

• larry bourget
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by jppopma
                            I won a couple of these jerseys from the 1st round on MLB.com. I also looked and see that there is nothing on Getty (maybe they will post some later), and on MLB there were only a couple pictures but they were mostly of Willis.

You may want to check with the Pirates or maybe one of the newpapers in Pittsburgh. Hopefully they will have something for you. If they do, let me know so I can check on mine as well (both Mags and Galaraga did not play, but there should be some pregame or dugout pictures).
                            Did you get the Hat worn with the jersey & pants?

LB

Comment

• Rob L
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by gameused fan
                              I was the lucky winner (if you can say that in this economy) of a Curtis Granderson turn back the clock uniform used on June 14, 2009 against the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Only problem? I can't seem to find a picture of Granderson from that day. Not at the Detroit Free Press homepage or that of Getty, etc. Anybody have a clue where one might be? I mean, there has to be one!

Thanks for any possible help.
                              Wow. Beautiful Uni. Congrats.
                              Rob L
                              loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

Working...