PDA

View Full Version : I beg for your help on photmatch Curtis Granderson uni

gameused fan
07-06-2009, 09:40 PM
I was the lucky winner (if you can say that in this economy) of a Curtis Granderson turn back the clock uniform used on June 14, 2009 against the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Only problem? I can't seem to find a picture of Granderson from that day. Not at the Detroit Free Press homepage or that of Getty, etc. Anybody have a clue where one might be? I mean, there has to be one!

Thanks for any possible help.

skyking26
07-06-2009, 09:54 PM
If you bought it from Himelstein and the Tigers...you are set. No need for pictures.

gameused fan
07-07-2009, 12:45 AM
I hear you, Skyking. And very true.

I actually won it from the Pirates MLB auctions, and just want a picture to be able to display with the uniform. It always looks cool like that.

jppopma
07-07-2009, 11:27 AM
I won a couple of these jerseys from the 1st round on MLB.com. I also looked and see that there is nothing on Getty (maybe they will post some later), and on MLB there were only a couple pictures but they were mostly of Willis.

You may want to check with the Pirates or maybe one of the newpapers in Pittsburgh. Hopefully they will have something for you. If they do, let me know so I can check on mine as well (both Mags and Galaraga did not play, but there should be some pregame or dugout pictures).

mattmueller
07-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Although not what you are probably looking for in terms of quality / resolution, here are some pulled from the (allegedly) HD broadcast of the game via MLB.Tv

mattmueller
07-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Wow, those really are not very good quality at all. I didn't have very good video quality when I copied them out, so maybe they can get a little better. Perhaps I can give it another try later. Those were the best shots I think you could get, if you crop out the scoreboard etc.

gameused fan
07-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Mr. Mueller,

Thank you very, very much. I LITERALLY could not find anything on Curtis Granderson. So while you might think these weren't great, they are awesome to me.

I appreciate you taking the time to help out, when you didn't have to.

Thanks again!

Vintagedeputy
07-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Looks like there is an unusual thread spot on the lower left of the 8...does that match up?

kylehess10
07-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Here's a few good screenshots I got:

http://i29.tinypic.com/atquu.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/2wrkxnn.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/msoe1x.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/2hey0iw.jpg

mattmueller
07-08-2009, 06:35 AM
No problem. The resolution Kyle got was was more what I was expecting. Apparently there was a anti-virus patch running yesterday on our work IT system that was causing issues with streaming video.

gameused fan
07-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Thanks to both of you! You guys rock. This has been a HUGE help.

kylehess10
07-08-2009, 11:17 AM
No problem. The resolution Kyle got was was more what I was expecting. Apparently there was a anti-virus patch running yesterday on our work IT system that was causing issues with streaming video.

Do you use nexdef? You have to put it all the way up to the highest quality available to get resolution like the screenshots I posted. I always put on nexdef then then click on the highest bar for quality. It slows your computer down though.

skipcarayislegend
07-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Slightly off topic, but those Tiger throwbacks are absolutely awesome.

larry bourget
07-08-2009, 12:23 PM
I won a couple of these jerseys from the 1st round on MLB.com. I also looked and see that there is nothing on Getty (maybe they will post some later), and on MLB there were only a couple pictures but they were mostly of Willis.

You may want to check with the Pirates or maybe one of the newpapers in Pittsburgh. Hopefully they will have something for you. If they do, let me know so I can check on mine as well (both Mags and Galaraga did not play, but there should be some pregame or dugout pictures).

Did you get the Hat worn with the jersey & pants?

LB

Rob L
07-08-2009, 12:39 PM
I was the lucky winner (if you can say that in this economy) of a Curtis Granderson turn back the clock uniform used on June 14, 2009 against the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Only problem? I can't seem to find a picture of Granderson from that day. Not at the Detroit Free Press homepage or that of Getty, etc. Anybody have a clue where one might be? I mean, there has to be one!

Thanks for any possible help.

Wow. Beautiful Uni. Congrats.

Vintagedeputy
07-08-2009, 01:03 PM
I don't know why, but when I see Granderson in that uni, I can envision Cobb standing there at the dish.....beautiful jerseys!

gameused fan
07-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Mr. Bourget,

I did not get the hat along with the jersey and pants.

Vintage Deputy,

Funny. I thought the same thing. I actually really wanted the uni in part because I'm facinated with Ty Cobb and that era and thought it would be cool to have a uni like that on display.

jppopma
07-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Mine came with only the jersey and pants also. I did notice that there were some that ended with no bids on MLB.com. They may be available through the Pirates.

kirkb
07-13-2009, 09:57 PM
Kyle...your resolution is unbelievable. If you should find the time, I picked up Polanco and Jackson from the same set. Would love any photos to display. Jackson is shown in the dugout before the game and Polanco pinch hit and played in the late innings...thanks Kirk

jppopma
07-13-2009, 10:10 PM
Kyle, If you happen to be checking out those jerseys again for other people and stumble accross any video of Ordonez or Galaraga....I'd love to see some of the pics. Feel free to post on here or email me Johnppopma@gmail.com. Thanks for everything, John

TigerSteve
07-14-2009, 03:12 PM
kirkb Can you email me please, shortyx517@hotmail.com

kirkb
07-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Its there...sent..Kirk

tigerdale
07-18-2009, 08:43 PM
I got Fernando Rodneys in the mail today...its awesome!!! One of my favorite throwbacks!!!

larry bourget
07-19-2009, 09:17 AM
Anyone able to post a pic of Dontrell Willis at bat during that 1909 Throwback game.

LB