PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Stephen Strasburg Game Used Items

lg_ham
07-07-2009, 01:52 PM
I was looking for any Game Used Items from Stephen Strasburg. Looking for any Team USA items or College items/ ticket stubs/programs from San Diego. Please email me at lg_ham@hotmail.com

Neely8
07-07-2009, 02:11 PM
You'd probably have better luck posting this in the Items Wanted section.

allstarsplus
07-07-2009, 03:41 PM
I was looking for any Game Used Items from Stephen Strasburg. Looking for any Team USA items or College items/ ticket stubs/programs from San Diego. Please email me at lg_ham@hotmail.com

Keep your eye on eBay as they have had some team signed balls and unique items. If the Nationals sign him, I plan on having a lot of his game used items. Hopefully he signs soon so they can get him to make a September appearance!!!

skipcarayislegend
07-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Keep your eye on eBay as they have had some team signed balls and unique items. If the Nationals sign him, I plan on having a lot of his game used items. Hopefully he signs soon so they can get him to make a September appearance!!!

Let's hope he signs soon before Boras gets any crazy ideas, like this one...
http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/2009/07/is_it_possible_that_stephen_st_1.html

allstarsplus
07-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Let's hope he signs soon before Boras gets any crazy ideas, like this one...
http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/2009/07/is_it_possible_that_stephen_st_1.html

Remember that any "paid" signings will jeoparize his amateur status so don't expect anything until Stephen is signed to a pro contract.

kellsox
07-07-2009, 11:25 PM
Why would the Nationals sign him to a big contract then gear him up to make a September appearance for a team that will be 40+ games under .500??? That would make no sense what so ever....but then again it is the Nationals.

allstarsplus
07-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Why would the Nationals sign him to a big contract then gear him up to make a September appearance for a team that will be 40+ games under .500??? That would make no sense what so ever....but then again it is the Nationals.

Kellsox - A September appearance means just that, an appearance. A single appearance. Not appearances. 1 inning.

It would be his introduction to the team and fans and a nice "thank you" for signing quickly and a taste of the big club.

They gave Ross Detwiler 1 appearance in September after he signed. If they signed Strasburg, I would only think 1 inning appearance in relief. The Nationals already said they would shut him down for 2009. If you spend the money it is going to take to sign Strasburg, you have to protect him.

kellsox
07-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Kellsox - A September appearance means just that, an appearance. A single appearance. Not appearances. 1 inning.

It would be his introduction to the team and fans and a nice "thank you" for signing quickly and a taste of the big club.

They gave Ross Detwiler 1 appearance in September after he signed. If they signed Strasburg, I would only think 1 inning appearance in relief. The Nationals already said they would shut him down for 2009. If you spend the money it is going to take to sign Strasburg, you have to protect him.
If (and thats a big if) they are smart they won't have him pitch this year. There's no reason to. He pitched 100+ innings already this year and has not pitched in competitive games in a while. Why would they ramp him back up to have him pitch in 1 game?? I'm assuming he's going to get a healthy contract- wouldn't that be a big enough "thank you" for signing? Give him a uniform, sit him on the bench and tell him to soak take in some September nationals baseball.

allstarsplus
07-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Give him a uniform, sit him on the bench and tell him to soak take in some September nationals baseball.

First they have to sign him and if they do they won't take chances with the largest sum ever paid to a Draft pick.

They already said they would shut him down so they may do what you suggested above.