PDA

View Full Version : Question about a Tigers Line-Up Card

perlman9
07-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Way back when in my college days I reported for the paper and was doing an article on former Ohio State pitcher Dave Burba. After the game, I was going through the dugout and got a line-up card from the Tigers when Sparky Anderson was manager as well as his pocket-sized cards, his original and a copy from the Indians. I don't know anything about line-up cards and really forgot about it until cleaning out the closet. Does anyone who collect these have any idea on value? It has athletic tape still on that was used to hang so not sure if that detracts from the value or not.

Thanks for any info!

ironmanfan
07-08-2009, 08:57 AM
I think there is a collector on here that actually collects Tigers line up cards, so hopefully he will respond. Generally speaking, unless the game in question had some historical significance, you're probably talking about a combined value of approx. $75-100 for all three items......I collect Orioles lineup cards and dugout cards and I really think they are undervalued in the memorabilia market.

perlman9
07-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of having it framed but since I am not a huge collector of it, didn't want to spend the money on the framing it was worth like $20 since all my extra money goes to trying to buy a jersey or helmet.

thanks again!

ironmanfan
07-08-2009, 09:51 AM
I think matting/framing them all would be very cool (perhaps a picture of Sparky Anderson could be included with it). Also, a great story to share for years about that days experience......

nomo121
07-08-2009, 10:49 AM
I'd like to talk to you about the lineup cards. Do you have any pictures?

Thanks,
Mike

nomo121@aol.com

tigerdale
07-08-2009, 11:04 AM
I agree w/ what ironmanfan stated. I am the tiger lineup card collector & the 75 dollar range sounds fair for the set. Like any item, get the right 2 buyers or first time buyer & you can see the prices go up. Recently on ebay, there has been a seller putting out tiger ones from sparkys time & they have been going from 10 to 30 (the small style). I do think they are a undervalued item...maybe time will change this, who knows. Seeing as how you got them, it is a great memory to hold on to. The tigers currently sell there big lineups for 75, & seem to sell most of them, but it would be hard for a collector to ever get his money back if he tried to resell unless it was a special game. I think in the vintage memorbilia category, I have a post in there w/ some of mine pictured. I think they are a great unique piece of the game & the older ones are hard to come by.

perlman9
07-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Thanks again for the replies! I remember at the time, i don't think the hobby was like it was and the Mariners were playing and I could have gotten a Griffey Jr broke bat and didn't. I ended up with a Mike Blowers I think..lol. I also had Tim Raines, Joey Cora and Ellis Burks for a photo and gave them back. Thinking back, I should have been more aggressive. I did get a David Howard bat he broke during batting practice with the Royals, a baseball George Brett hit in BP that almost took my head off and Bo and George borrowed my camera one to use the telephoto to scan the crowd..lol