PDA

View Full Version : EBAY gripe

whatupyos
07-08-2009, 01:22 PM
So, this really bothers me. I pride myself on being an honest person and doing the right thing. Recently I had a C.C. Sabathia autographed baseball that I put on EBAY. A buyer with the name stevenpark1982 won the item, then never paid me. I filed a claim with ebay and sent my invoices and didn't hear anything until about a week later when he said he was not paying because in his opinion it was a "fake". I personally witnessed C.C. signing the baseball myself. My dad and I both got him to sign out baseballs. I never planned on selling it, but needed money and decided to part with it. I had a 100% feedback and now about 4-6 weeks later he leaves me negative feedback saying it was a replica and it was spelling wrong?!?! I don't know if anyone has a C.C. signed ball but the only letters you can read are C.C. The rest, like most ball players is chicken scratch. So with his negative feedback I'm now down to 96.3% on feedback and took a hit on my other ratings. I don't sell that much on EBAY and after EBAY's new rules I never will. I'm through with them. Too bad I can't do anything about it. At least I hit him with a strike for being a non payer. I can't believe that. I don't think I've done too much business on here with folks but the one or two I have sold too I'm sure can vouche that I'm an honest person and give a complete and thorough description of whatever I'm selling. This is pure rubbish. Just thought I'd vent. Maybe I should email this punk and ask WTF?

Aaron

Vintagedeputy
07-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Yep, ebay's getting bad.

I took someone's best offer on an item I was selling. I've sent two invoices in 6 days and have yet to hear from them on when payment will arrive.

FastLane80
07-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Reply to his feedback. The guy has had issues in the past with others (left 3 neg feedback already :rolleyes:). Just state he never paid for the item, it was never shipped and you obtained the autograph in person. File a complaint with eBay. It may work or it may not but since the buyer never paid, they may remove it. It's a shot in the dark but you never know unless you try.

Negative feedback is subjective. If I see something I want and the seller has negative feedback, I always investigate it. Most of the time, it's BS. Buyer never paid or the buyer is no longer a member or the buyer bought 3 items, all were lost by UPS and now the seller has 3 negative feedbacks etc etc. I know I'm not in the norm but there are buyers like me out there and we're usually easier to deal with. In any case, good luck!!

skipcarayislegend
07-08-2009, 02:45 PM
If he thought it was fake, why bid on it? You should call him up and ask.

I agree though, I dread selling on ebay now. I'm almost amazed when somebody pays within a day or two of the close of an auction. People have gotten really rude too. How hard is it to acknowledge a seller's answer to a question with a simple thank you?

staindsox
07-08-2009, 03:06 PM
I thought that if a seller claims non-payment against a bidder and eBay credits your account, the bidder loses the ability to leave feedback for the transaction. Just file a claim with eBay. I would bet the negative is wiped away.

Chris

whatupyos
07-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Chris-

I did. You know how EBAY won't let you file a claim until 7 days after the close? I put on my listing that I would relist if not paid in 24-48 hours. He finally wrote back on day 6 and said it was a "fake" in his uninformed opinion. I informed him, as was on my listing that I don't have a COA but I witnessed C.C. sign the ball myself at an A's game. I told him I would file a claim. He said, fine, file a claim, "It's a fake". So I filed the claim the next possible day, I got my EBAY account credited and I thought that was that. I don't know how he was able to leave me Feedback. I had a score of 98 and 100% total. I just checked today and it was 97....tried to figure out how I went from a 98 to a 97, so I clicked on the number to see I had a negative. I couldn't believe my eyes, so I looked and it was from that yahoo who left in on July 3, 2009,....the item auction ended on May 30, 2009. Over a month later he leave a negative feedback....didn't think that was possible. I tried to respond to it but can't. Someone from a pervious post said you couldn't. I'm unware who, I tried to find where I could, but I'm not the most knowledgable EBAY user myself, so I couldn't figure it out.

Needless to say, I'll only buy on EBAY from now on, never sell again on there.

Aaron

cohibasmoker
07-08-2009, 05:55 PM
I can't wait for the day that another website comes along and challenges eBay. Members will bail out and the sad thing is, the CEO's at eBay won't even care one little bit.

Unfortunately, until that day comes, we are all stuck with eBay.

Jim

genius
07-08-2009, 11:32 PM
Craigslist is putting a huge dent on ebay, that's why they are letting people list 5 items per month for free. Tough to sell sports memorabilia nationally on Craigslist but I do believe ebay is feeling the pinch.

raider1088
07-09-2009, 12:09 AM
ebay is getting pathetic.buyers can leave negative feedback whenever they want but if your a seller and the buyer screws you ,you can't leave negative feedback at all.what's wrong with this picture.i really wish there was another site.

kudu
07-09-2009, 12:46 AM
Aaron, I think what Chris was saying is you should file a claim with Ebay regarding your negative feedback. Explain to them that the buyer never paid for the item (unpaid strike) and you never shipped the ball to the buyer. I should think that Ebay will remove your negative feedback.

whatupyos
07-09-2009, 01:23 AM
Kudu:

Oh, I got you know, thanks for the clarification. I think thats what he means after reading what you said. I didn't know that you could file a claim disputing negative feedback. I will certainly try and do that. Thanks again for all the feedback on this thread from members. Wish EBAY didn't have to be such a pain.

Aaron

suicide_squeeze
07-09-2009, 11:16 PM
.........Have I mentioned how much I hate ebay lately?............

suicide_squeeze
07-09-2009, 11:38 PM
ebay is getting pathetic.buyers can leave negative feedback whenever they want but if your a seller and the buyer screws you ,you can't leave negative feedback at all.what's wrong with this picture.i really wish there was another site.

That's because ebay is run by a group of Gen-Y'ers that have been brought up in an environment of fraud, void of ethics or morals, latent with white collar crime, with no recourse to the wrongdoer's, no responsibility for bad decisions, no restitution for your losses, bankruptcies being filed like divorce papers......I mean, what do you expect?

These young illiterates wouldn't know right from wrong if it crawled out of their plunging living trust stock portfolio's and bit them on the privates.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to go visit ebay, buy an item I don't want, and in about 5-6 days respond to a pissed off seller exclaiming it's a fraud and I don't want it any more, then start wording the negative feedback I'm gonna slam the dude with......so have a nice evening all.

suicide_squeeze
07-09-2009, 11:39 PM
I wonder when I'm going to get my first "C & D" letter from ebay........

whatupyos
07-10-2009, 12:05 AM
So I filed a claim, or made a report or whatever to get rid of the negative feedback.....and get this, it got rejected!!! Can you believe that mess? They explained I needed to select a category, which I had done, mind you. Explained the situation and it got rejected saying something like only in certain rear instances will they get rid of negative feedback. I'd love to know who the stevenpark1982 jerk off is. What a ........

Aaron

staindsox
07-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Suicide,

Blaming Gen Y for eBay is assinine. Meg Whitman was born in 1956 and John Donahoe was born in 1960. Yeah, Gen Y is running the shop. eBay was created in 1995, making the very oldest Gen Yers 15 at the time, but I'm sure greed and corruption were spawned by Gen Y. Bernie Madoff, Tom Petters, and Ken Lay are all 24 years old.

cohibasmoker
07-10-2009, 08:37 PM
I thought that if a seller claims non-payment against a bidder and eBay credits your account, the bidder loses the ability to leave feedback for the transaction. Just file a claim with eBay. I would bet the negative is wiped away.

Chris

That's sort of right but, if you file a complaint for non-payment and the buyer/stiff DOES NOT respond to the complaint, then they lose the right to leave feedback. If the buyer/stiff responds in any way shape or form, they are off the hook and they can leave whatever feedback they want.

Here's what aggravates me about the non-payment thing - it is the easiest complaint to resolve but eBay won't do it. eBay demands that all payments must go through PayPal - a company that eBay owns. Now, if a seller files a complaint through eBay for non-payment, it would be a simple task to track the payment through PayPal. If there isn't any record of payment, the buyer/stiff didn't pay and as such, they should not be able to leave any form of feedback for the transaction. If it happens twice, they're gone.

Jim

Jim

whatupyos
07-10-2009, 09:19 PM
That's sort of right but, if you file a complaint for non-payment and the buyer/stiff DOES NOT respond to the complaint, then they lose the right to leave feedback. If the buyer/stiff responds in any way shape or form, they are off the hook and they can leave whatever feedback they want.

Here's what aggravates me about the non-payment thing - it is the easiest complaint to resolve but eBay won't do it. eBay demands that all payments must go through PayPal - a company that eBay owns. Now, if a seller files a complaint through eBay for non-payment, it would be a simple task to track the payment through PayPal. If there isn't any record of payment, the buyer/stiff didn't pay and as such, they should not be able to leave any form of feedback for the transaction. If it happens twice, they're gone.

Jim

Jim

Jim,

I agree with you 100%!! I mean, when you sign up for an account they have all this verbage about when you click to confirm your bid, its a legally binding agreement. Guess its not since his strike was removed. I just dont get it. He never asked me questions about this ball. Bids then doesn't pay. What a jerk off. I'm sooo pissed you have no idea. If he thought the ball was misspelled, he should have never bid in the first place. Comeplete ridiculous!! Oh well, nothing I can do. Ebay won't help me, they're full of crap over there. I'm done with them, so much for customer satisfaction. This guy's account should be deleted....although I'm sure he'd just sign up with a new name, like certain ousted GUU members, haha.

Aaron

buc
07-10-2009, 10:37 PM
I recently got a negative after the buyer resold all the items they purchased from me. Its only fair for sellers to be able to leave a negative.

suicide_squeeze
07-10-2009, 11:29 PM
Suicide,

Blaming Gen Y for eBay is assinine. Meg Whitman was born in 1956 and John Donahoe was born in 1960. Yeah, Gen Y is running the shop. eBay was created in 1995, making the very oldest Gen Yers 15 at the time, but I'm sure greed and corruption were spawned by Gen Y. Bernie Madoff, Tom Petters, and Ken Lay are all 24 years old.

staindsox,

Hey partner, nice to meet you. I don't think I've ever had the pleasure of being addressed in your hen-picking posts before.....so my congratulations to you for not being a virginized suicide_squeeze bashing GUU forum member any longer.

Now that we got that out of the way......may I direct you (with white cane in hand) to the very first line which you apparently blacked out on in my post while reading and then deciding you were coming at me.

It clearly states "That's because ebay is run by a group of Gen-Y'ers that have been brought up in an environment of fraud, void of ethics or morals, latent with white collar crime, with no recourse to the wrongdoer's, no responsibility for bad decisions, no restitution for your losses, bankruptcies being filed like divorce papers......I mean, what do you expect?"

If you really think Meg Whitman and John Donahoe are the ones making all of these Einstein-esque changes in Ebay's policies......then I can't help you.

But in the meantime....If you'd get your head out of the "Sarahsdad syndrome" long enough to see the light and understand what you missed in the meaning of my post, you'll see I was referring to the fact that most of the employees working for ebay, the ones who run the day-to-day operations of the dump, were brought up in the type of environment (meaning the current trend of business dealings involving corruption, crime, greed, etc.) and haven't a clue.....pretty much about anything. They have learned from the best, some of which you mentioned, although lost in meaning as you thought I was referring to them as part of the "24 year olds" you referred to. (Wagging finger at you.....).....No......No.......NO, staindsox, you get a "D" on this project.

You are absolutely entitled to disagree, but at least get the meaning right before you rant.

Nice meeting you.....enjoy the forum, and I really look forward to your next bout of verbal dart winging.;)

suicide_squeeze
07-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Jim,

I agree with you 100%!! I mean, when you sign up for an account they have all this verbage about when you click to confirm your bid, its a legally binding agreement. Guess its not since his strike was removed. I just dont get it. He never asked me questions about this ball. Bids then doesn't pay. What a jerk off. I'm sooo pissed you have no idea. If he thought the ball was misspelled, he should have never bid in the first place. Comeplete ridiculous!! Oh well, nothing I can do. Ebay won't help me, they're full of crap over there. I'm done with them, so much for customer satisfaction. This guy's account should be deleted....although I'm sure he'd just sign up with a new name, like certain ousted GUU members, haha.

Aaron

Well, Aaron (& Jim), staindsox has an easy explanation for you.

Just simply write Meg Whitman and/or John Donahoe because "they run the show" at ebay, and certainly they will see the evil they have created in their policies........won't they?

suicide_squeeze
07-10-2009, 11:54 PM
Folks, on a very serious note, I think the policies that ebay is currently running under (mentioned here) are seriously alarming.

It's really not something we need to debate here or anywhere else. These policies are absolutely backwards in logic. There isn't anyone alive, possessing common sence and logic, that can argue these policies are correct. The alarming part about it is it seems to be happening in society in general with wreckless abandon. Aren't we, as individuals and company owners and educated people.........supposed to learn from past mistakes, and then utilize the knowledge to make better decisions going forward?

Isn't that why they have legal libraries for lawyers? They can reference past cases hashed out in court, thereby referring to established precedents so they don't have to redesign the wheel every case.

The decisions made by the "board" of idiots at ebay is just a sign of the saturation point we as a current day society have reached. We aren't using what we have learned in the past to our benefit anymore. Somewhere along the generational line, there has been a disconnect. And we're starting to pay a somewhat serious price for it. Our companies our failing, our economy is failing, our society is waning, and our country is in serious trouble.

Why are we importing all of this poisoned garbage from a communist country who doesn't act on proper human rights?

Why is our Governor of Alaske, who really was a MAJOR factor is losing....losing.....the Presidential election.......QUITTING her Government elected position to.......persue running for President in 2012???

So, the message is to QUIT and think about yourself at everyone else's peril who voted for you to do a job YOU wanted?

I am getting way off base here, but am following the same theme. We, as a social group, for many debatable reasons, have started to decline in competency. We have diluted our strong country with way too many immigrants, legal and otherwise, who are taking the freebies to a new level, and sinking the ship. Too many "interest groups" (can you say Unions?) have imposed their demands on Goverment, local and federal, and have bankrupted our system. California is sinking into the pacific as the debt load is too much to overcome.....our own multi-millionaire Governor can't take it any longer, he's just looking for the finish line of his term so he can "GIT OUT!!!".....while our intelligent forefathers have just handed over the wealthy "farms", so to speak, to our fat lazy children who can't never spent enough time away from the video games to know what to do.

We're in trouble people. Here' hoping we can redirect our youth so by the time we're all in adult diapers, the world will be able to keep turning.

Ebay will either figure it out soon, or will be the next big Government bailout....err......American corporate tragedy story.

staindsox
07-11-2009, 12:07 AM
Suicide,

Frontline customer service people never have a hand in writing policy. They either follow policy or they lose their job. They may be indifferent, which can be frsutrating, but they certainly play no part in creating these rules. Do you also crap on the cashier at Target or Barnes & Noble when they can't except a return when you don't have the receipt? You may hate that rule, but the cashier had nothing to do with making that rule. Gen Y has nothing to do with those eBay rules. My point is to focus your venom on those who wrote the policy.

both-teams-played-hard
07-11-2009, 12:48 AM
...sinking the ship.
You mention that the ship be sinking. How far is it going to sink?

suicide_squeeze
07-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Suicide,

Frontline customer service people never have a hand in writing policy. They either follow policy or they lose their job. They may be indifferent, which can be frsutrating, but they certainly play no part in creating these rules. Do you also crap on the cashier at Target or Barnes & Noble when they can't except a return when you don't have the receipt? You may hate that rule, but the cashier had nothing to do with making that rule. Gen Y has nothing to do with those eBay rules. My point is to focus your venom on those who wrote the policy.

Look, I'm not ignorant. I know there are the main decision makers at ebay who have final say.

But how could Meg and John build a mega-successful business like Ebay and then on their own accord come up with these new incredibly wrong ideas? They hire people who "brainstorm" every aspect of the business, and develope business strategies. These idiots present their "ideas" to the board, and they essentially place into effect whatever their policies are to be.

Whatever the case may be (as I really don't feel the need to argue the obvious no matter WHO is making the decisions), ebay is following the norm of today and taking steps in the wrong direction. I'm sure they'll figure it our, and improve their earnings. Or maybe they won't. It doesn't effect me either way, other than to show me that continued concerning trend of backwards thinking we seem to have fallen into as a society. That is the point I'm trying to get accross.

By the way.......have I mentioned lately that I can't stand ebay?:rolleyes:

suicide_squeeze
07-11-2009, 12:37 PM

Point well taken....not very far.

But doesn't the very fact that have a policy as unbelievable as a sellor NOT BEING ABLE TO LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK concern you? I mean, where is the fairness in that? How can you justify that if you are ebay? Is THAT the evolution of a fair and just system?

If so, then lets just establish our socialized medicine in America already and move on.......

vonbrandingo
07-11-2009, 02:27 PM

Sky's the limit

- Former Knick Michael Ray Richardson

Jags Fan Dan
07-11-2009, 02:35 PM
So, this really bothers me. I pride myself on being an honest person and doing the right thing. Recently I had a C.C. Sabathia autographed baseball that I put on EBAY. A buyer with the name stevenpark1982 won the item, then never paid me. I filed a claim with ebay and sent my invoices and didn't hear anything until about a week later when he said he was not paying because in his opinion it was a "fake". I personally witnessed C.C. signing the baseball myself. My dad and I both got him to sign out baseballs. I never planned on selling it, but needed money and decided to part with it. I had a 100% feedback and now about 4-6 weeks later he leaves me negative feedback saying it was a replica and it was spelling wrong?!?! I don't know if anyone has a C.C. signed ball but the only letters you can read are C.C. The rest, like most ball players is chicken scratch. So with his negative feedback I'm now down to 96.3% on feedback and took a hit on my other ratings. I don't sell that much on EBAY and after EBAY's new rules I never will. I'm through with them. Too bad I can't do anything about it. At least I hit him with a strike for being a non payer. I can't believe that. I don't think I've done too much business on here with folks but the one or two I have sold too I'm sure can vouche that I'm an honest person and give a complete and thorough description of whatever I'm selling. This is pure rubbish. Just thought I'd vent. Maybe I should email this punk and ask WTF?

Aaron
Welcome to the "I'm never selling on Ebay again" gang. Membership is strong and growing. I'd rather give something away on here than roll the dice there.

cordovacollector
07-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Didn't Meg Whitman leave eBay several years ago?

cordovacollector
07-11-2009, 04:13 PM
"Whitman joined eBay in March 1998, when there were 30 employees.[7] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meg_Whitman#cite_note-6)
Whitman resigned as CEO of eBay in November 2007, but remained on the Board and as an Advisor to new CEO John Donahoe until late 2008."

Methinks she saw the future and ran for the hills!:eek:

I do think she was one of the "good guys" before eBay turned into the industry of misfits it is now.

David
07-11-2009, 05:55 PM
I haven't read all the posts, so excuse me if I repeat something.

If a buyer gets three non-payment strikes, he's banned from eBay.
If a buyer loses a non-payment dispute, the negative feedback likely would be removed.

suicide_squeeze
07-11-2009, 10:36 PM
I haven't read all the posts, so excuse me if I repeat something.

If a buyer gets three non-payment strikes, he's banned from eBay.
If a buyer loses a non-payment dispute, the negative feedback likely would be removed.

Sooooooo.......David.......is your point that it's ok if a squirrel buyer on ebay suffering from buyer's remorse asks for a refund even when it's clearly stated by the seller "No returns", gets pissed, then decides "Fine, WTF, there's no recourse on ME, so I'm going to SLAM the seller with B.S. nonsensical lies because........well, because I CAN!"......that that's OK for the first two go-arounds??

I mean, there HAS to be a better, more accountable even fair way to support the reputation of a seller who is decent and doing the right things on ebay......shouldn't there be?

And Jags Fan Dan..........WELCOME to you, fellow GANG member!!!!http://messenger.msn.com/MMM2006-04-19_17.00/Resource/emoticons/thumbs_up.gif

Jags Fan Dan
07-12-2009, 08:21 AM
Sooooooo.......David.......is your point that it's ok if a squirrel buyer on ebay suffering from buyer's remorse asks for a refund even when it's clearly stated by the seller "No returns", gets pissed, then decides "Fine, WTF, there's no recourse on ME, so I'm going to SLAM the seller with B.S. nonsensical lies because........well, because I CAN!"......that that's OK for the first two go-arounds??

I mean, there HAS to be a better, more accountable even fair way to support the reputation of a seller who is decent and doing the right things on ebay......shouldn't there be?

And Jags Fan Dan..........WELCOME to you, fellow GANG member!!!!http://messenger.msn.com/MMM2006-04-19_17.00/Resource/emoticons/thumbs_up.gif
If anybody on here has ever had eBay remove negative feedback, I'd love to hear about it.
And I hope nobody took my first post on here as condoning street gangs.

nomo121
07-12-2009, 11:50 AM
I just don't think its possible to correct. B/c if you amend the negative feedback, then the buyer is being put into greater risk of negative feedback under some scenarios. I've never sold on ebay, but bought quite a bit. I have to say the number of unscrupulous sellers is as great as the buyers. They dont' ship, or say it was shipped and it never arrives or send the wrong thing and most common of course, is misrepresenting the item. Someone has to be really rude in dealing w/ me for me to leave negative feedback, but I will. So its and imperfect system, and as such, I dont' think there is a way youc an protect both parties.

David
07-12-2009, 02:37 PM
I agree that some of the new eBay rules are simply nonsensical. They aren't the product of rational human thought. Some of the feedback/stars rating rules fit well in Alice and Wonderland.

David
07-12-2009, 02:45 PM
One of my favorite Alice in Wonderland eBay rules is that a feedback of four is listed as positive-- someone giving a 4 is saying the seller did a good job in that area. Yet, a seller will be suspended for having a rating higher than 4! (If feedback average is under 4.2 the seller is suspension from selling).

Hearing this rule, anyone on the street would say this rule is irrational, it makes no sense.

suicide_squeeze
07-15-2009, 12:15 AM
If anybody on here has ever had eBay remove negative feedback, I'd love to hear about it.
And I hope nobody took my first post on here as condoning street gangs.

Dan,

I'm too tired to dig through my old files, but I've succesfully had negative feedback removed from my user name.

Here's the short-story version.

I was perusing memorabilia on ebay one day, and I came accross a bad......I mean BAD Mark McGwire ball, signed (I mean FORGED) by the infamous dude who (I think) is still doing time for his many forgeries. I emailed the seller, and asked him about his vague description on getting the ball signed "in person".

He said he has Mark sign it at a private signing. LOL This was well before Mark ever considered doing signings. I want to say in 2001. Anyways, I wrote him back and asked him WHICH signing, as I was unaware of Mark ever doing ANY, as he had already come out publicly and said the only signings he would ever do would be for charity (of course the big Red backed off that promise, and went on to charge the most exhorbitantly rediculous prices for signed stuff the hobby had ever seen to that point).

So.....he writes me a short rude email back now explaining he meant to say "spring training", and if I liked the ball, to stop asking so many questions and just BID on it. LOL.

I used to love it when I got under these tools skin. I used to live for it.:)

So..... I email him back and tell him I just HAVE to have it....how much would he sell it to me for if, I asked, I would send him an immediate payment if he would "end the auction early"? He said $400.00 (he was asking $500.00). I said "DEAL!!!

Of course, he never ended the auction early, and never got 1 bid.....so he emails me asking where his payment was. I could tell from our correspondence that he was of Asian descent, as he spoke (typed) his English with very distinct grammer errors to that effect. He was from the bay area of California, too. A real piece of garbage seller. I eventually broke the bad news to him, telling him his ball was bad, he was a freakin' lier, and that I knew the criminal who had signed (forged) his ball, and I gave him the address of the penetentiary if he wanted to go visit the guy. I told him "Shame on you for being a piece of garbage trying to off your bad s&%t!" I told him I wouldn't give him a Top Ramen in a box for it!

Well, to shorten this up, he decided the slick thing to do was come after me in MY auctions, win everything I was selling, and slam me with negative feedback immediately after the auction ended. He made up all kinds of new names to do this. After receiving 4 negatives all within a week, I contacted ebay and told them my whole story. The people I spoke to at ebay all told me there was nothing they could do.

I told them all to drink a bottle of chlorine, as I would not accept this. I fought with them for a month.

Finally, I got my break. You see, this tool who thought he had done me in, was apparently having trouble with other ebayers too. So his big mistake was......he used two of his fake names to slam other honest ebayers, so I was able to cross reference the negative feedbacks to myself and other members for the same type of problems, proving it was the same guy.

They removed all of OUR negative feedbacks, and deregistered this geek. I was getting thank yous from people I didn't even know, because they had no idea how to get the negative feedback off their accounts from this piece of garbage.

I learned a long time ago how impossible it was to deal on a common sense level with ebay. Nothing has changed......in fact, it's worse now.

vonbrandingo
07-15-2009, 01:46 AM
[QUOTE=David;151458] If a buyer gets three non-payment strikes, he's banned from eBay.

I'm not so sure about this anymore. Last month a bidder won one of my items (for $19.99) and didn't pay even after I filed a dispute (to which he didn't respond). Within 2.5 weeks of receiving my nonpaying bidder feedback, he received 5 more feedbacks each from different sellers stating they did not receive payment either. He has a 100% feedback rating because sellers aren't allowed to leave buyers negative feedback even in the event of nonpayment and strikes. What a stupid policy and disservice to sellers.

Anyway, he got a strike from me, and it's hard for me to believe he didn't receive at least 2 more strikes from the other 5 nonpayments, but I assume he didn't since he is still registered and active. Don't know how ebay is overlooking his shenanigans or why they're allowing it to continue. Maybe if ebay allowed buyers to receive negatives, even if just for nonpayments, they would see his would-be feedback rating of 72% as another red flag and do something about his account. Even if they decide not to do anything about it, at least it'd be a good heads up for sellers to look at his details and cancel his bids.