PDA

View Full Version : Does Anybody Have Anything Positive to Say About AMI?

drutter
07-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Does Anybody Have Anything Positive to Say About AMI? I dont have an experience, but I'm wondering has anybody had a positive experience dealing with AMI?

Doug

Mauer7
07-08-2009, 08:59 PM
No

ironmanfan
07-08-2009, 09:06 PM
no squared

mr.miracle
07-08-2009, 09:12 PM
They do however have Lou Lampson and the 100% authentic team working for them. Oh wait, you wanted positives, never mind!

RKGIBSON
07-08-2009, 09:13 PM
I got a lot of good stuff from AMI. I sold a lot through them over the years also. I had problems with slow pay but always got my money. If I was unhappy with something they took it back if I could prove my point. I think it takes some determination to try and work their way out of this situation. They could just close the doors and say sorry to everyone that is owed money. I hope they do resolve all the issues that they have.

Roger

mr.miracle
07-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Does Lou Lampson and the 100% authentic team go out of business along with AMI when they do go out of business? I know they are tied together is some way or measure. What of Denny Eskin who is the glove authenticator for AMI as an auction house almost excusively isn't he???

ironmanfan
07-08-2009, 09:39 PM
I know Denny Esken authenticated the gloves from the historic Vince Grecco collection a year ago for Ironclad Authentics.

mr.miracle
07-08-2009, 10:05 PM
I know Denny Esken authenticated the gloves from the historic Vince Grecco collection a year ago for Ironclad Authentics.

I have never spoken with Denny however I am told that he is very knowledgable, down to earth and very, very reputable when it comes to gloves. Hopefully whatever goes down, Denny continues to lend his amazing skills somewhere in this industry.

bondsfan
07-09-2009, 01:02 PM
I have bought and sold through AMI over the past few years, including the past six months, and have been paid in a timely manner

TomTimmerman
07-09-2009, 02:53 PM
I have never spoken with Denny however I am told that he is very knowledgable, down to earth and very, very reputable when it comes to gloves. Hopefully whatever goes down, Denny continues to lend his amazing skills somewhere in this industry.

I thought so too, but never saw a good explanation for this:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=4821&highlight=knight+glove

33bird
07-09-2009, 06:02 PM
They are the worst in the Business-hands down. Even Coaches Corner pays their consignors.