PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Zimmerman GU gloves from 2007

ahershey1
07-11-2009, 01:08 PM
I have a pair of GU Nike batting gloves signed by Ryan Zimmerman dated 2007 that were authenticated by and purchased from Locker Room Memorabilia. However, they have the number 28 sewn on to each glove. I don't believe Ryan ever wore #28. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

allstarsplus
07-11-2009, 02:00 PM
My guess would be Zim ran out of batting gloves and used someone elses batting gloves which is where the 28 came from or Nike may have mistakingly sent them to Zim. Zim I would guess signed them with the 2007 inscription so you have a rare pair that maybe you can photomatch.

From 2005 to 2007 Zim used different style Nike gloves and I had never seen any with his jersey number stitched on them like the Under Armour styles he started to use in 2008 that have had ZIM11 and ZIMM11.

I had seen some gloves where Zim had written in pen his jersey # on the glove.

ahershey1
07-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the reply! I have attached a photo of the gloves. I sent an email to Locker Room Memorabilia ealrier today asking for an explanation from them. The gloves came with a letter of authenticity from Locker Room Memorabilia that was also signed by Zimmerman.

Thanks again!

chakes89
07-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Those gloves belonged to Austin Kearns before Zim got them

Notice the padding on the thumb area of the right hand glove, Kearns has had that padding on his batting gloves ever since he injured his hand while playing for the Reds

allstarsplus
07-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Those gloves belonged to Austin Kearns before Zim got them

Notice the padding on the thumb area of the right hand glove, Kearns has had that padding on his batting gloves ever since he injured his hand while playing for the Reds

I am following your thought pattern and that would make sense if it was a Kearns 2006 glove as I believe when AK came to the Nats in mid-2006 he wore #25, but it does look like Kearns glove and would make sense given Kearns and Zim have been friends.

Zim must have liked that style glove because Zim has had several of those gloves with the extra pad that he has also worn.