80+ years of Rawlings Tagging

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diamondicons1

80+ years of Rawlings Tagging

When through my jersey database and decided to pull together information on Rawlings Tagging. Primers have been posted in the past. I have gone back to some of the earliest examples. If you have any insight or examples from the 20s and 30s, please let us all know.
    Attached Files
  • flaco1801
    • Nov 2005

Re: 80+ years of Rawlings Tagging

thank you... great post

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
      • Nov 2005

Nice work, thanks for posting. Do you have any examples of late 50s Rawlings tags, non-baseball, non-flannel?

Comment

• diamondicons1

Sorry, I don't have any non-baseball examples.

Mike

www.CincinnatiRedsGameUsed.com

Comment

• designedexclusively
          • Dec 2006

BTPH,

There's two different grades of none baseball rawlings tags for the 50's and 60's, one's that went on to pro grade football and basketball shirts, like college and minor leagues, and then high school and youth shirts. The latter tag is white with the laundry instructions next to it, usually located on the inner back hem, where as pro grade and college shirts from this era were usually placed in the neck or on the bottom front.

DX

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by designedexclusively
            BTPH,

There's two different grades of none baseball rawlings tags for the 50's and 60's, one's that went on to pro grade football and basketball shirts, like college and minor leagues, and then high school and youth shirts. The latter tag is white with the laundry instructions next to it, usually located on the inner back hem, where as pro grade and college shirts from this era were usually placed in the neck or on the bottom front.

DX
            DX
            Yes, I've seen those variations. I need to search my database and post examples.

Comment

Working...