PDA

View Full Version : Will Clark bat misrepresented on ebay?

justinwc80
07-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Just wanted to see what everyone's opinion on this was. I was looking at this Will Clark bat on ebay, and from the description
"THIS IS A WILL CLARK GAME USED RAWLINGS BAT. THIS IS A GREAT LOOKING BLONDE BAT WITH LOTS OF GAME USE . IT HAS PINE TAR ON THE HANDLE LOTS OF BALL MARKS . THIS BAT IS AUTOGRAPHED BY WILL CLARK AND HE PUT HIS NUMBER UNDER HIS SIGNATURE THE BAT HAD A SMALL HANDLE CRACK AND IT WAS GLUED AND THE BAT LOOKS PERFECT. ON THE BARREL IT SAYS BIG STICK, WILL CLARK AND THEN THE RANGERS UNDER WILLS NAME. THIS BAT WAS PURCHESED DIRECT FROM THE TEXAS RANGERS AT THERE IDWINTER SALE U BETTER HURY THIS IS A GIVE AWAY I WAITED ALL NIGHT TO GET THIS BAT AT RANGER BALLPARK ANY QUESTIONS CALL ME AT 210- 324 9920 "
I would assume they are selling it as a WILL CLARK bat. WHen I emailed asking about numbers on the knob they replied
" It has all the all the lettering on the bat for Clark, but 16 written on the knob in black sharpie. That is why the price is so good. No photos currently because I am out of town"
This just seems shady to me, wince Clark wore 22. Obviously I would conclude a different player used the bat. However nowhere does it mention this tidbit. Is there anything I or we can do to protect some unwitting buyer from being taken?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300326840320&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&salenotsupported

joelsabi
07-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Just wanted to see what everyone's opinion on this was. I was looking at this Will Clark bat on ebay, and from the description
"THIS IS A WILL CLARK GAME USED RAWLINGS BAT. THIS IS A GREAT LOOKING BLONDE BAT WITH LOTS OF GAME USE . IT HAS PINE TAR ON THE HANDLE LOTS OF BALL MARKS . THIS BAT IS AUTOGRAPHED BY WILL CLARK AND HE PUT HIS NUMBER UNDER HIS SIGNATURE THE BAT HAD A SMALL HANDLE CRACK AND IT WAS GLUED AND THE BAT LOOKS PERFECT. ON THE BARREL IT SAYS BIG STICK, WILL CLARK AND THEN THE RANGERS UNDER WILLS NAME. THIS BAT WAS PURCHESED DIRECT FROM THE TEXAS RANGERS AT THERE IDWINTER SALE U BETTER HURY THIS IS A GIVE AWAY I WAITED ALL NIGHT TO GET THIS BAT AT RANGER BALLPARK ANY QUESTIONS CALL ME AT 210- 324 9920 "
I would assume they are selling it as a WILL CLARK bat. WHen I emailed asking about numbers on the knob they replied
" It has all the all the lettering on the bat for Clark, but 16 written on the knob in black sharpie. That is why the price is so good. No photos currently because I am out of town"
This just seems shady to me, wince Clark wore 22. Obviously I would conclude a different player used the bat. However nowhere does it mention this tidbit. Is there anything I or we can do to protect some unwitting buyer from being taken?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300326840320&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&salenotsupported

i guess you can email the owner of the bat to add this to the description and that he does the right thing.