PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Most Valuable Current GW JErseys

ziggy
07-12-2009, 03:21 PM
What are the most Valuable or Desirable Current players Game Worn Jerseys? and How much are they worth to you?

My list:

1. Jeter with Documentation $5000
2. Pujols w/ Docs $3000
3. Ichiro w/ docs ($3000, Japanese will pay way more $$$)
4. Mauer w/ docs $1200
5. Braun w. doc $1200

suicide_squeeze
07-12-2009, 05:34 PM
What are the most Valuable or Desirable Current players Game Worn Jerseys? and How much are they worth to you?

My list:

1. Jeter with Documentation $5000
2. Pujols w/ Docs $3000
3. Ichiro w/ docs ($3000, Japanese will pay way more $$$)
4. Mauer w/ docs $1200
5. Braun w. doc $1200

My personal opinion is......you're dreaming on the first two.

And if you do get lucky enough to pay that little for either, then the seller made a mistake, or you bought one that is extremely questionable in authenticity (remember, documentation can be phoney....you have to have iron-clad docs....and if so, you will not get a Jeter for $5,000.00 or a Pujols for $3,000.00 if either is real.)

Good luck in your search.

yanks12025
07-12-2009, 05:54 PM
A-rods Yankee gamers should be on the list because they bring in good money.

TAFKADixie
07-12-2009, 06:41 PM
My personal opinion is......you're dreaming on the first two.

And if you do get lucky enough to pay that little for either, then the seller made a mistake, or you bought one that is extremely questionable in authenticity (remember, documentation can be phoney....you have to have iron-clad docs....and if so, you will not get a Jeter for $5,000.00 or a Pujols for $3,000.00 if either is real.)

Good luck in your search.

Agreed. A Pujols ended for $5506 in today's Hunt All-Star auction and a bat brough $4620.

TAFKADixie
07-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Sorry that was in internet PRE-bidding. The actual live auction starts Tuesday.

Not being able to modify posts on this board blows.

ziggy
07-12-2009, 07:13 PM
I am sure Jeter or Pujols would bring more....I am not looking for either. I just put down what they are worth to me. I wanted to find out what other thought were the top 5 and what they were worth to them.

mattmueller
07-18-2009, 12:20 PM
I would say you are a bit low on the Braun as well. I have not seen too many available prior to the last month. However, there is currently a 2008 road jersey on mlb auctions now, high bid is now over $1900 with a couple days to go. A team USA WBC jersey went for ~$1,450 earler this month on mlb too.

cordovacollector
07-18-2009, 02:28 PM
I believe Mauer and Morneau jerseys at the Twins Pro Shops are $2000-3000 with Twins LOAs.

byergo
07-18-2009, 02:33 PM
Pujols is twice the player Jeter is with half the jersey value? There is quite a disparity in market value there. I know New York fans have all the money in the world but jeez?!

Pujols stats are right up there with Ted Williams, Stan "The Man," Babe Ruth, Joe Dimaggio, Jimmy Foxx, Lou Gehrig, and other truly elite legends of the game. Perhaps the HGH rumours tied to his trainer keep his price down?

Sincityson
07-18-2009, 03:28 PM
I believe Mauer and Morneau jerseys at the Twins Pro Shops are $2000-3000 with Twins LOAs.

Do they even sell at that price? That's way over the top..

suicide_squeeze
07-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Sorry that was in internet PRE-bidding. The actual live auction starts Tuesday.

Not being able to modify posts on this board blows.

That Pujols Jersey went for $5,506.00 .......with juice, $6,331.90

And......he didn't do anything spectacular while wearing it that game. So imagine if it was a documented home run jersey of his?

$10,000.00 on up, easily. Especially as he is sitting on 34 home runs two games after the All-Star break?? He may (legitimately) break Roger Maris' record of 61 homers in a single season this year.....

........YES......I said ROGER MARIS' record.....the others belong in a different category.....like Cool Aid and Southern Comfort......you drink them both, but they don't belong on the same cupboard.

spartakid
07-18-2009, 05:54 PM

And......he didn't do anything spectacular while wearing it that game. So imagine if it was a documented home run jersey of his?

$10,000.00 on up, easily. Especially as he is sitting on 34 home runs two games after the All-Star break?? He may (legitimately) break Roger Maris' record of 61 homers in a single season this year.....

........YES......I said ROGER MARIS' record.....the others belong in a different category.....like Cool Aid and Southern Comfort......you drink them both, but they don't belong on the same cupboard.

Very true..... unfortunately the record books will always have those blemishes, but people need to remember who really deserves the records that were broken by cheaters. By the way it's Kool-Aid, you must not have any in the cupboard, but you speleld SoCo right, Hmmm ;)

spartakid
07-18-2009, 05:57 PM
and I can't spell "spelled" correctly, or rather just a typo.....

suicide_squeeze
07-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Very true..... unfortunately the record books will always have those blemishes, but people need to remember who really deserves the records that were broken by cheaters. By the way it's Kool-Aid, you must not have any in the cupboard, but you speleld SoCo right, Hmmm ;)

Here's to hoping the fine GUU members know what I meant....http://www.barbandgreg.com/images/Emoticons/koolaid.gif

And yes, I'm busted! Nothing gets by you, Inspector http://www.barbandgreg.com/images/Emoticons/sherlock.gif

(If the truth be had, though, I don't drink hard stuff)

gingi79
07-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Pujols is twice the player Jeter is with half the jersey value? There is quite a disparity in market value there. I know New York fans have all the money in the world but jeez?!

Pujols stats are right up there with Ted Williams, Stan "The Man," Babe Ruth, Joe Dimaggio, Jimmy Foxx, Lou Gehrig, and other truly elite legends of the game. Perhaps the HGH rumours tied to his trainer keep his price down?

Well Brandon Steiner charges literally an arm and a leg for the beloved Jeter. As a Yankee captain and a favorite son of yankee fans for 14 seasons, people are willing to pay obscene money for his stuff.

Pujols could be comfortably tagged as the best hitter in Baseball for the last 10 years. He is also playing for the Cards who don't get tremendous national airplay and other than the Cubbies, most people don't know who their rivals are. I think if he was playing in LA, Chicago or NY, he'd be the most expensive jersey. I also think he is a good investment and on my list of "The 5 guys who could ruin Baseball if they took Steroids"

Birdbats
07-18-2009, 10:22 PM
The 2009 Pujols jersey sold for $8,000 in the Hunt auction, $9,200 with the hammer fee. The page with the description has the last internet bid; if you search lot 466 on the prices realized list, you can see the actual final price.

suicide_squeeze
07-18-2009, 11:53 PM
The 2009 Pujols jersey sold for $8,000 in the Hunt auction, $9,200 with the hammer fee. The page with the description has the last internet bid; if you search lot 466 on the prices realized list, you can see the actual final price.

Weird. I wonder why they don't have that glitch figured out in their system. How silly is that to post the last "internet" bod, but not show the winning bid amount? But that is exactly what they appeared to have done.

I stand corrected, thanks for clarifying that Jeff.

So actually, this makes more sense. Pujols jerseys, with proper authenticity, are going for around $10,000.00 right NOW. If he was to have one auctioned off where it could be proven he used it for a home run, game winner, etc. ................imagine what it would hit?

Eesch......

emann
07-19-2009, 01:42 PM
the others belong in a different category.....like Cool Aid and Southern Comfort......you drink them both, but they don't belong on the same cupboard.

Hah, nice analogy...