PDA

View Full Version : PSA/DNA Authentication Fees

sammy
07-12-2009, 05:54 PM
I have a question for anyone who has used PSA/DNA recently.

If I am understanding the following correctly, PSA is adding a 50.00 surcharge now to authenticate a Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams, Joe DiMaggio, or any autograph on any item with a declared value of 1500.00 or more.

Has anyone had the misfortune to pay this surcharge on a PSA authenticated Mantle, Williams, DiMaggio or any other item?

Does eBay own PSA now? ;)

It now costs 150.00 plus S/I to get a Mantle bat authenticated by these people.

What a friggin ripoff.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Premium Item Fee:
Additional $50; Turnaround varies by demand.
Any autograph submission priced under $200 with a declared value of $1,500 or more is subject to an additional Premium Item Fee of $50. Example: A regular Mickey Mantle autograph submission is priced at $100. If the Mantle autograph is found on a bat, jersey, etc., an item that is clearly worth more than $1,500, the additional $50 will apply... resulting in a total of $150 authentication fee.

Mauer7
07-12-2009, 06:34 PM
They arent forcing you to use their services. Quit complaining.

David
07-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Onlineauthentics.com charges for $50 to authenticate single signed items, and they're a reputable and pretty well known autograph company. I believe the company was originally founded by Muhammed Ali's agent to certify Ali's in person autographs, but over the years its expanded into other autographs areas, including baseball. Their current two signature examiners are long time hobby veterans.

David
07-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Add that Onlineauthentics was the official game used certifier for a MLB home run derby and provided the official COAs/Sticker for some of Salvino autographed items-- showing they have a history of hobby standing.

sammy
07-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Mauer7,

Let's see, do you not complain about anything?

Bottom line, no one forces you to buy gas, food, housing, eBay, or whatever.

So quit complaining about the things in your life, and quit complaining about my post, as no one asked you.

tiger_magic@yahoo.com
07-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Mauer7 what's wrong with you!??? Sammy's right!!! If you can't complain on this forum where do you complain? This is why we have this wonderful forum.